Installed ARB Front Bumper (More To Come...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_1778_zpsa0a65973.jpg

IMG_1777_zpscea1ebd9.jpg

IMG_1776_zps58c32a7b.jpg

IMG_1775_zps646e93ca.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_1774_zpsf04ba287.jpg

IMG_1773_zpsca03e2db.jpg

IMG_1771_zps541de69b.jpg

I still have to install my transfer-case skid plate, but here is the underbody protection so far:

IMG_1783_zpse96a5865.jpg

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

I assume by now you had some driving impressions of the rig, how do you feel about the additional weight that was added? mpg?

Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

I assume by now you had some driving impressions of the rig, how do you feel about the additional weight that was added? mpg?

Thanks!
Hi LR4TQ,

The additional weight of the bumper really hasn't affected the LR4 much at all in terms of how it feels when driving or maneuvering; however, I believe I do get slightly poorer gas mileage (though much better than I thought). My apologies, but I have no idea about the exact numbers. I am actually a bit surprised, as I expected the ARB front bumper to be more substantial in terms of how it would affect driving and mpgs, but I don't really feel it.

The biggest hit to my mpgs and driving has been the Tactical 4x4 sliders, gas tank skid plate, and transfer case skid plate, as well as the roof rack. The sliders and skid plates are the worst I think, as I do feel they have made the vehicle a more sluggish. You can definitely feel the weight, especially when going around corners. It doesn't bother me and I still have plenty of pick up, but I will tell you when you take your foot off the gas it slows down very quickly because of the extra weight. I try to utilize the weight in my stopping to save on the brakes. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards, David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I had my sliders off for a few weeks while they got fixed. You can tell a difference for sure. Luckily that weight is very low CG wise, but it is on the outer sides, so it does impact corner feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM