Interior/Exterior Cleaning Product recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What interior/exterior cleaning products do you recommend? Which are the best? I know interspersed through these threads, people have posted products they like. But, I thought I would dedicate a thread to it so I didn’t have to go searching.

What cleaning products do people recommend...especially for interior doors and seats? Already, my husband has left a shoe mark on the lower interior door that has not come off despite wiping it with those interior car wipes. Is there a better product that will remove this black mark or do I just have to grin and bear it? Can’t quite get on to him b/c, after all, without him, I wouldn’t have a black mark to ***** about...LOL.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I want to use the best on this car so everything lasts as long as possible....but these scuff marks are inevitable and I want to be able to remove them. If only I never had to drive any passengers around in my car...LOL

Thanks a lot!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for scuff marks you can try the magic eraser by Mr. Clean. It usually works on those though marks that nothing else can remove. Try a small area first and make sure it will not affect the color.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For leather care, I was going to buy Connolly hide care products but from some folks here and my dealer, lexol products work well. My dealer service guy really liked it and said he uses it on his D90, which looks immaculate.

I ended up buying the cleaner and conditioner as a two step process and so far, it works really well. Apparently, the cleaner is "PH balanced" to not damage the leather. Plus, a bottle is only $8-$10 bucks, which is nice.

Here is a link from Amazon but I ended up just picking it up from the local O'Reileys since it's about the same with shipping online.
http://www.amazon.com/Lexol-1115-Leather-Cleaner-Spray/dp/B0002F9YIC/ref=acc_glance_auto_ai_-2_t_5

Last edited:

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use Lexol leather cleaner & conditioner on my vehicles. Leatherique is also very good, but it's a pain to use, and probably overkill on a new vehicle. (They do make great products for restoring older leather though.)

For glass cleaning, I use Stoner's invisible glass and some microfiber towels.

For washing, any decent car soap will do - I usually use Meguiar's because it's easy to find. I think Walmart even sells it. I also have some microfiber wash mitts from Griot's garage that I like.

For waxing, I use a product called Rejex, made by CorrosionX Technologies. It works well and lasts a long time. Back when I had a 911, this stuff was talked about on the Rennlist Porsche message boards a bunch. The hype there was a little much, however I really do like the product. Since I first tried it, it's been the only wax I've used on my vehicles (including my boat.)

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior:
Vinyl: Griots Interior Cleaner followed by Wolfgangs Vinyl Conditioner
Leather: New-Leather Masters Kit sold at Dealer. 2+ years- Zymol leather cleaner followed by Griots Leather conditioner or rejuvenator

Paint:
Good protection/great shine = Griots One Step Sealant followed by Best in Show Wax with a ROP (2 day process)
Great protection/good shine = Klasse AIO followed by Klasse Sealant (One Afternoon)

Tips: Klasse AIO is quick, easy and effective on the wheels. Use Griots Spray wax while drying with every wash. Use Griots damp green cloths to wipe leather down every week.

Can you tell my wife insisted on Ivory Oxford leather and we live in a redwood and oak tree forest.....

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior:
Leather: New-Leather Masters Kit sold at Dealer. 2+ years- Zymol leather cleaner followed by Griots Leather conditioner or rejuvenator

Paint:
Good protection/great shine = Griots One Step Sealant followed by Best in Show Wax with a ROP (2 day process)
Great protection/good shine = Klasse AIO followed by Klasse Sealant (One Afternoon)

Tips: Klasse AIO is quick, easy and effective on the wheels. Use Griots Spray wax while drying with every wash. Use Griots damp green cloths to wipe leather down every week.

Can you tell my wife insisted on Ivory Oxford leather and we live in a redwood and oak tree forest.....

LOL....yes I can see you have had many a day's practice with the ivory interior.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! My car, being 5 days old, is still spotless on the outside b/c I work from home and have only put 300 miles on it (and most of that was the commute from my dealer), and I keep it in the garage. But that dang black scuff mark on the door is a thorn in my butt. I will try the magic eraser

victor73

Reaction score
Autoglym all around

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Autoglym Leather Balm and Autoglym Leather Cleaner
Autoglym Shampoo
Autoglym Rapid Detailer
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing

Autoglym High Definition Wax Kit

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL....yes I can see you have had many a day's practice with the ivory interior.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! My car, being 5 days old, is still spotless on the outside b/c I work from home and have only put 300 miles on it (and most of that was the commute from my dealer), and I keep it in the garage. But that dang black scuff mark on the door is a thorn in my butt. I will try the magic eraser
UGAgirl97,

The Magic Eraser worked wonders on my doors when I had a scuff. I am VERY careful getting in and out, but sometimes passengers are not. :-(

It's almost a full time job keeping this beast clean! Yesterday I cleaned the windows really well and then when I was almost done, a flock of sea gulls pooped all over it! :(

Good luck, this was a great post because I was also interested in learning which products to use!

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior - Dish soap, warm water, use a very soft cloth, light motion cleaning. I never use leather cleaning products, they dry the leather prematurely IMO.

Exterior - Dish soap, hot water, use sheep skin mit, light motion cleaning.

Wax - Klasse All-in-One (German, the best IMO!)
Second Coat - Kasse Sealent (will protect paint from light scratches, etc.)

Wheels - Dish soap, hot water, use cloth mit and BMW wheel cleaning brush kit.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior:

Paint:

Klasse is the best - you have stunningly good taste!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9