Interior/Exterior Cleaning Product recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am proud to be an American and live in a country where I can make my own decisions including the type of car I drive!!!! I hope this will not change...David, you are a better person than I am. If that woman had come up to me with those remarks I would have told her to go "fry ice", as we say here in New England...

BTW, I have 3 kids and am very proud of them and hope to have more some day...

tmgeneral

Reaction score
Me too. I have had my car since early February 2011 and just put 1,600 miles on it (and it came with almost 150). I take the train to work everyday, so it makes me feel better about having the LR4. If I were driving a long distance to work everyday, then I would be much less likely to have an LR4.

This brings up a funny story. The other day a woman in the Whole Foods parking lot (she was driving a Prius) came over to me and told me she loved my truck, but how did I feel about buying such an environmentally unfriendly vehicle. I told her that I take the train to work at least 4/5 times a week to counterbalance. She said, oh well, still it seems irresponsible. At that point, I had noticed she had 3 kids in the car with her and said, well what about having so many kids, does that protect the environment in a world so strapped for resources? She kind of just turned red and smiled. Sorry everyone with kids, I totally love kids and want them, but she was asking for it! :)

I commend you both on your self restraint. Personally, I would have told her to go fugg herself and mind her own business....but thats just me. Please excuse the expletive.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny though, right here in San Francisco, in the heart of unfathomable liberalism, you'll find more Land Rovers per square mile, than any other major city I lived. LOL...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny though, right here in San Francisco, in the heart of unfathomable liberalism, you'll find more Land Rovers per square mile, than any other major city I lived. LOL...
Down here on the peninsula too! I see so many Discoveries and Range Rovers it's so funny. This is why we have probably 5-6 dealerships within 60 miles. If you head over to Marin, it's just as prevalent.

When I was back in Boston a few weeks ago I saw much fewer (at least in the suburbs), which is funny, because they get a lot of snow. I do remember a lot of LRs in NYC though.

ChronicTeutonic

Reaction score
Back on topic here...

Exterior:
P21S Bodywork Shampoo - Everyday wash that removes the bird stuff but doesn't strip wax too quickly
Z1 Glanz Wax - put it on with my porter cable random orbit machine
P21S 100% Carnuba Wax - hand applied wax for when I have time
Stoners Invisible Glass

Interior
1Z Cockpit Premium - love this stuff!! Has a natural matte finish.
1Z Plastic Deep Cleaner - use this stuff on the pedals and doors with scuffs
Leather Master Kit - two step cleaner/protector non-greasy and natural looking finish

Get your self lots of microfiber towels and you should be good to go.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on topic here...

Exterior:
P21S Bodywork Shampoo - Everyday wash that removes the bird stuff but doesn't strip wax too quickly
Z1 Glanz Wax - put it on with my porter cable random orbit machine
P21S 100% Carnuba Wax - hand applied wax for when I have time
Stoners Invisible Glass

Interior
1Z Cockpit Premium - love this stuff!! Has a natural matte finish.
1Z Plastic Deep Cleaner - use this stuff on the pedals and doors with scuffs
Leather Master Kit - two step cleaner/protector non-greasy and natural looking finish

Get your self lots of microfiber towels and you should be good to go.

Hi! Thank you for your suggestions....where can you buy these products? At local autostores? Thanks again!

ChronicTeutonic

Reaction score
Aside from the Stoner's Invisible Glass most of this stuff is easier to find online.

On the West coast Glistening Perfection carries the P21S and 1Z products:
http://www.glisteningperfectionstore.com/servlet/StoreFront

East coast Detailers Domain is the place:
http://detailersdomain.com/SFNT.html

Since all this stuff is heavy I would recommend going with the place closest to minimize shipping cost. The both sell kits that come with products, towels and applicators. These are great for getting started.

Here are the manufacturers sites:
1Z - http://www.1z-usa.com/
P21S - http://www.p21s.com/

buckeyeLR4

Reaction score
http://www.autogeek.net/ is a great place online to order from.
P21S is my favorite wax for looks but after using it I realized why it is called a "Boutique Wax". It does not last very long. If you want to get close in looks and depth and not need to reapply every 4-5 weeks, you might want to consider Collinite’s Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax (# 915). I have been using it for the last year and you can get 5-6 months per application. That can be a full winter of protection for some.
Like many things, you will find that many varied opinions on wax/sealant and the process of application.
I would suggest you read and read forums that are dedicated to detailing ( my favorite http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ ) and find something you want to to try and have at it. Good luck!

ChronicTeutonic

Reaction score
Definitely agree that the P21S doesn't last as long as the 1Z. I've heard good things about Collinite just haven't got around to using up the stuff I have in order to try something new.

If you really want to blow your mind (and some money) look at the Swissvax products or some of the custom Zymol products. I guess someone is willing to pay north of $100 for wax...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99