interstate battery upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is to change a - NEGATIVE cable that runs from a battery?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is to change a - NEGATIVE cable that runs from a battery?

I just did this earlier this month because my battery was dead and the negative cable had some terrible corrosion. The other end of the negative cable attaches to the fender wall, but it is behind the box of fuses and relays. There is one bolt closer to the front of the vehicle that holds down the fuse box. The box can then be partially removed and twisted to provide better access to the other end of the negative cable. The cable is attached to the fender by an acorn type nut, and I believe it was a 14mm.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By fender wall, you mean inside of the vehicle or it is accessible from underneath the wheel well?Also, does -VE has split ,that runs to the alternator?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other end attaches inside of the engine bay on the fender side. You can't access it from under the wheel well. Without moving anything other than removing the battery, you should be able to use a flashlight and see where the end of the negative cable goes. The negative cable does not have an alternator split.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635