Introduction and Help With Power Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Conde

Reaction score
:hello:Not only am I new to this forum, I’m new to the world of Land Rover. Purchased a ’97 Discovery SE7, 100,000 miles, three weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. It was a smoking deal so I thought something might be wrong with it and would have to spend some big bucks to get it up to speed. I did some tinkering on it but took it to a reputable Rover repair shop. It needed the usual: front brake pads, steering pump hoses, front shocks, etc. but nothing major. However, I was playing with the driver’s seat today and noticed that the power seat back would move rearward but not forward. I checked the switch and it checks out (used an ohm meter to check for continuity). The wires under the seat seem fine but I couldn’t figure out what moves the seat forward or backward. I’m thinking of checking to see if the passenger seat wires will reach to the driver’s side and see if I can move the seat forward that way. Baring that, is there any way to move the seat back to a forward position without using the electric switch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards and thanks for letting join.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4