2012 - Decreased power on incline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am working on recording some of this information and will update as soon as I it figure out how to export it correctly.

The shudder is gone, but if I floor it from a stop on an incline, it gets to that second gear and just hangs out at 2000rmp, no acceleration. And then after a bit, it will finally starts to move as it should. I wish someone else could drive and get a feel for it. It's the weirdest thing.

That is exactly the behavior I was getting with the shorted fan wiring. No power. It was very weird.

Neil Couvillion

Reaction score
I did have it properly diagnosed by my indy shop as well as their transmission guy. It was inconclusive TBH. They fixed the shudder and replaced the trans fluid. I am trying to take it back in to ride with them and show them what is going on. I will have them look at the fan wiring as well as some of these other things listed.

Below is an image of what it looks like driving a short distance and then going up a hill. I can try and get a better take on just up hill today. As I said, I am a novice about these values and may have selected the wrong thing. I really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Neil

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 6.58.40 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 6.58.40 AM.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 21

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, throttle is not opening.
Be really interesting to run the same graph in Sand Mode. It opens the throttle to almost 100% in the first half of the pedal depression.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72