iPhone IOS 5 WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I did before I ever got my 2011 LR4. I too have an iPhone 4 and I decided that instead of hooking it up to my car for the iPod feature every time I got in, I would just buy a used iPod Nano online for like $100 and keep it permanently hooked up. All I listen too is my iPod and my iPhone and its updates never screw up my radio bc it is never hooked up to the car. It also never seems to interfere with my Bluetooth either.

Just a thought :)

I totally agree. I still use my iPod classic and carry all my music, leaving it in the truck all the time unless I'm needing to add new songs.

FYI, the iPod integration makes scrolling/searching easier for large music libraries as I believe using regular USB thumb drives have a GB limit based on the UI software on most car audio interfaces. I believe most thumb drives see access/search issues above 2-4GBs. I'm going to try and pickup another iPod classic soon as Apple is discontinuing them and my classic is the older 80GB and starting to have more freezing up issues.

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently updated two iPhones to IOS 5 and both work fine on the bluetooth phone side of things. I also don't use them for the music/iPod connection under the armrest, though, as I purchased an iPod classic to hold my entire collection and always be available - works great. The user interface could be a lot better, though, especially when scrolling through a larger collection (I have about 10k songs) - definitely not something to fiddle with while driving.

mrtp4

Reaction score
Upgraded iPhone 4 to iOS5 on the weekend, and it works fine in my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux. So not sure if your problem is related to the truck, might be the phone.

Having said that, I like the idea of leaving a Nano velcroed to the inside of my center console.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iPhone 4S Bluetooth seems to be working fine. I just picked it up this morning.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iPhone 4 bluetooth works perfectly in my LR4! I love this feature!! I just love this dang truck...I know I keep repeating myself, but I adore my car!!:smile:
My iPhone 4 works awesome as a telephone as well. It also charges the phone. I seldom listen to music from it, but that works well too. I am getting the 4S in a couple weeks, so hopefully there are no issues.

How are you doing UGAgirl? Nice to see you on here.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iPhone 4 works awesome as a telephone as well. It also charges the phone. I seldom listen to music from it, but that works well too. I am getting the 4S in a couple weeks, so hopefully there are no issues.

How are you doing UGAgirl? Nice to see you on here.

Hi Finlay :) Thanks for the shout-out! All is well here .... Busy busy busy since the kids started school again :creep: Have a great day my friend :hello:

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the iphone 4s and guess what??? My phone doesn't recognize my 2010 LR4 when try to pair it. SERENITY NOW!!! Anyone else experienced this problem?

oscarlomeli

Reaction score
IOS 5 I have a iphone 4 and 4s upgraded to ios5 and both don't work!

IOS 5 I have a iphone 4 and 4s upgraded to ios5 and both don't work! I am pretty ******. My BMW connector works perfect. My friends Mustang works fine with ios 5 but my lanrover does not work with ios 5. I could never get it to work with Pandora or any other internet radio or ESPN or Sirius satellite.
I called the dealer and they told me they don't support iphone 4 or 4's I then got a 3GS and updated to ios5 and what do you know they support the iphone 3GS and they could not help me and no plans since they could not help with PANDORA! Next car BMW = -(

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IOS 5 I have a iphone 4 and 4s upgraded to ios5 and both don't work! I am pretty ******. My BMW connector works perfect. My friends Mustang works fine with ios 5 but my lanrover does not work with ios 5. I could never get it to work with Pandora or any other internet radio or ESPN or Sirius satellite.
I called the dealer and they told me they don't support iphone 4 or 4's I then got a 3GS and updated to ios5 and what do you know they support the iphone 3GS and they could not help me and no plans since they could not help with PANDORA! Next car BMW = -(
Does the iPod music work with iOS 5? We've already established that there are issues when using Pandora with the LR4 -- these issues have been documented on this forum for various versions of iOS. But are you able to listen to music stored on the iPhone, scroll thru the playlists, etc?

oscarlomeli

Reaction score
IOS 5 on any iphone does not work!

Does the iPod music work with iOS 5? We've already established that there are issues when using Pandora with the LR4 -- these issues have been documented on this forum for various versions of iOS. But are you able to listen to music stored on the iPhone, scroll thru the playlists, etc?

IOS 5 does not work at all, I get a Device Error with any I-phone running IOS5. I-phone 3gs iphone4 and I-phone 4s. I can get the Blue tooth to work but not the cradle cable that comes under the center console. It’s upsetting because I called the dealer and they say they don't support ios 5 but that is the consequences you get when you provide the cable to the customer. Apple does not roll back any iphone to old IOS 4.3.5. I also think it’s pretty lame that it does not work with Pandora since every other car dealer even ford synch works with radios.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72