It's time for a rear cross-over pipe talk. What to do about the backorder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is making me nervous I didn't do mine when I had the chance.
2013 103k miles but a northeast car that sees less than 10k miles a year. fingers crossed.
How has the aftermarket not solved this problem? I'll bet AB is working on something as we speak.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day. I ended up going through EuroAMP. They are the guys doing the metal front crossovers, and the Jag guys seem to think well enough of them. The rear crossovers were out of stock for a bit with them as well, but they came back in and I pulled the trigger. Before I did I made one last trip over to the dealer and still no dice. The parts counter guy did mention that they've been giving customers the choice to go with aftermarket as well, and have trouble sourcing those consistently. It's pretty bleak out there.

I think I need to swap out my thermostat too and those are also back ordered, but they at least have a timeline for getting them back in. I don't think that the thermostat is as much of a risk for a catastrophic failure so I believe I should be good to wait for a bit on that one. Sounds like they are supposed to be in this coming May.

The cooling system issues alone are bonkers. That they can't produce the parts is just straight up irresponsible.

Also, the $4k price sounds about right, but excluding that work on a CPO, when they absolutely know it's going to need to be addressed... That's terrible. I feel bad for you. But then again I bought a third party warranty that ended up being a total scam, so not that different actually. After paying for the nothing-burger warranty I'm out to try and take care of doing the work myself. Well, me and a buddy that loves to tinker and knows a bit more about working on vehicles. Tx from wi has a great YouTube video on how to tackle it, but it is LOOOONG, like 2.5 hours long. I think I've got 8 hours into this job just watching the video and taking notes in prep for the actual work. But seriously it's a great video that is SUPER thorough. After watching it I'm 95% confident that things will go smoothly this weekend. 100% it'll get done, just hoping to get there fairly smoothly and not have the thing sitting in the garage, useless, for too long.

Good luck everyone!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is making me nervous I didn't do mine when I had the chance.
2013 103k miles but a northeast car that sees less than 10k miles a year. fingers crossed.
How has the aftermarket not solved this problem? I'll bet AB is working on something as we speak.

There just isn't enough of a market for the aftermarket to get excited and put the resources into a solution. Most discovery's worldwide were diesel.

Reaction score
Good you’re getting your Disco back soon. I just got an update for mine to be done April 20th. That will be 10 weeks in the shop for me.
Im working with the dealership just south of you. Aftermarket was a no go with them. Even when I sourced a very expensive OEM part they will not warranty the work and since I have the warranty for a little while I don’t want them to have any excuse to deny work on anything else that ends up going out.
after sitting for so long I am worried about what else will go wrong or where it will start by leaking…

LR4GG

Reaction score
Any chance someone has replaced the rear crossover without pulling the supercharger? Feels like there might be enough room.

Last edited:

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance someone has replaced the rear crossover without pulling the turbo? Feels like there might be enough room.
Supercharger?
Yes.
Remove the power leads that go run across the wiper cowl. The go to the start stop module. Makes it easier to see what's going on.
Just remove the connections at the batter and fuse box. Flop over to the left side.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV