J.D. Power dependability survey, ouch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is interesting and counter to the survey results is that forums such as this normally bring out all the problems because they are aired out vocally. I know on other forums this is the case because it is where you find information to fix the issues. I just haven't seen that here to the same degree as elsewhere.

You are right on the dilution effect on all except for Porsche.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear people rag on BMW's all the time yet I had an '03 330i Perf pkg for 6 years and 60k miles and had no trouble at all. I'm leasing an '11 328iT and have had zero issues over 13k miles and 1.5 years of hard driving.

I'm hoping that is the case with the LR4. But

Porsches are very reliable. My Boxster never saw the dealership over 1.5 years and my new to me, very high mileage Turbo has had very few issues over its life considering the kind of car it is.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear people rag on BMW's all the time yet I had an '03 330i Perf pkg for 6 years and 60k miles and had no trouble at all. I'm leasing an '11 328iT and have had zero issues over 13k miles and 1.5 years of hard driving.

I'm hoping that is the case with the LR4. But

Porsches are very reliable. My Boxster never saw the dealership over 1.5 years and my new to me, very high mileage Turbo has had very few issues over its life considering the kind of car it is.

Our C4S has been bulletproof as was our 91 C2

GBRover

Reaction score
Reliable

Over 40K on 2011 LR4 and has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Nothing has gone wrong... bring it in for routine service. The survey results do not seem to accurately reflect owner experience!

jwblue

Reaction score
I don't understand the relevance of these surveys.

First off, these surveys are done with a recent model year. This has nothing to do with long term reliability which is what really matters.

Second, there is not a distinction between engine problems and minor interior problems like a seat belt.

On a tangent. People's opinions of their vehicles the first 2-3 years are irrelevant. Just about any car company can build a vehicle that stays together for 3 years. It is after that period that which matters.

Last edited:

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anubody actually pays attention to this studies? Besides, 220 problem in 100 vehicles 110 problems in two LR's! Based on some of the threads around here, there are a couple vehicles that have 200 issues each! Me, I can't complaint!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9