Just received my notice to put my deposit down on a Grenadier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Morgan

Reaction score
Regardless, I’m glad to see them using the BMW 6. Definitely considering one down the road, as my wife’s 2015 LR4 will be our last newer LR. Hate the new body styles.
Which 6? The 2.5 is a dog, 3.0 has good power but gasket leaks every 60k..but I guess we're used to that. Same eng as the E53 X5...Hopefully they will not turbo it. BMW turbos are trash.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which 6? The 2.5 is a dog, 3.0 has good power but gasket leaks every 60k..but I guess we're used to that. Same eng as the E53 X5...Hopefully they will not turbo it. BMW turbos are trash.
Earlier press releases said it was going to be the 3.0 turbo inline 6. Oddly, I can’t find the info on their own website. That should be one detail that is front and center.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the invite as well. I’m on the fence. I like the concept and the look. But the number of bugs that will need to be worked out in the first model…makes me nervous.
there was an intertesting video on youtube on this subject where they were chatting about how it is not necessarily the case that the first year of a new car is the worst of the model cycle. The notion was basically that the first year is closest to the design concept using the best of available materials. In every successive year the bean counters at the auto MFGs they have people tasked with making the same thing "but cheaper" to maximize profits. For a variety of reasons, not only cost savings, parts are interchanged during the cycle of the model, and those parts are no longer vetted by the design team that handled the car at the start. Thus, what you believe to be the "best" version of a car towards the end of a model cycle, may have acutally been the worst, given that they removed many parts to save money, or swapped in cheaper parts from new untested suppliers.
There is some offset by some mistakes made at the outset of a new design... but they were basically saying that the "mistakes" are less than the impact of the bean counters.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to ASPW's video, pricing for the 2-door in Australia is going to be 85,000 Australian, which equates to $61,000 usd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72