just seafoamed and now my dii is running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachbuggy

Reaction score
I have a 99 dii, 128k miles, new plugs and wire in the last six months.

I seafoamed the engine. When I restarted the engine it smoked like crazy then the service engine light started to flash. I pulled a plug and it was as black as can be. Did the seafoam foul the plugs or do I have some other problem?

Thanks for your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the seafoam fouled the plugs then you had some serious build up in the valves and in you engine. I would ask what plugs you were running? And what grade of fuel do you use?

beachbuggy

Reaction score
I always run premium fuel. The plugs are champion replaced by the LR dealer.

I was going to buy bosch platinum today to see if this helped.

Thanks for your reply!!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise using bosch plugs... let alone platinums on a D1, a D2 champion platnums, but I haven't heard many good stories about Bosch plugs in a rover.

beachbuggy

Reaction score
Just wanted to update you on my progress.

I changed the plugs using champ plats. The passenger side plugs were all very black. The driver side looked less black. I started the truck and it ran fine. I also decided to clean the throtle boby. I was surprised how dirty it was. After I started the car the second time the flashing service light went solid.

I am happy and appreciative of all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Running20c