K&N Airfilters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used K&N's on 3 vehicles, 89' Mustang (MAF is located within 3" of filter element), 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and my current 2007 GMC Sierra. Driven 250,000 miles combined with NO problems.

Yes, I've heard of mechanics saying they cause problems. Mine says the same thing. I've politely disagreed.

I'm undecided if I'll put one on the new 14'. Maybe this thread will help me decide.

Correct oil application is key, along with making sure you completely dry out the element prior to application. I've always applied light oil on the first pass, went back and touched up where the element was still light.

As for "seat of the pants" performance goes, in my Mustang I felt it, it had $10K in motor work(heads, pistons, exhaust, etc.), Jeep eh… not so much, the 07' GMC was definitely noticeable, nothing crazy but it helped.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do noy use any type of an oil satuated filter.
They are extremely dirty and have been known for killing the MAF.
Do yourself a favor and use only an actual Rover filter.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I live in the desert and they are a terrible idea in dusty environments!

2005Jwerks

Reaction score
MagnaFlow Exhaust / K&N filter Expierence

Just added the Magnaflow Cat back system and K&N filter's on 2012 LR4 HSE LUX..
I am not sure of Actual MPG improvement.. I did not buy a 6000+ LB truck for the mileage. The Upgrades do Give a Very Pleasing Engine / Exhaust tone to the driving experience. also "Seems" to cruse at Hwy speed's using less throttle.. (70-72 mph)

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, Chris. I may do the mufflers in the future. I like the growl of the V8 and miss the muscle car sounds of my past rides. Once a hot rodder, always a hot rodder! Even wondered about a supercharger...hmm..Kenne Bell or maybe one of the Paxtons. The 510 HP version wasn't available in the LR4 and the RR just isn't large enough for my needs. Yet the loss of warranty makes me uneasy...very at this stage!

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, Chris. I may do the mufflers in the future. I like the growl of the V8 and miss the muscle car sounds of my past rides. Once a hot rodder, always a hot rodder! Even wondered about a supercharger...hmm..Kenne Bell or maybe one of the Paxtons. The 510 HP version wasn't available in the LR4 and the RR just isn't large enough for my needs. Yet the loss of warranty makes me uneasy...very at this stage!

Agree 100%. My exhaust arrives tomorrow and I'm always searching for performance mods. I'd bolt on a. S/C in a second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo