Key Programming for Myself and Wife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search and couldn't find anything to answer my question.

Since we have two keys, can each key be programmed for our own seating positions? Mirror settings etc.?

BMW was able to do this, but not sure if LR offers this as well. Going to read through the manual again, didn't see anything there either.

My wife likes to drive Harriet time to time and changes the position of the driver's seat and it takes me like a week to find the position that I settled into.

I don't have the memory seats, LUX package. :tongue:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt you can do that since it gives no purpose to the upgraded seat memory in the LUX package.

That said, I do understand as my wife took my truck out for a "quick trip" to the store and I hadn't programmed my seat preferences yet. She figured out how to adjust the steering column too...smart girl.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 is missing this feature. I used have Lexus GS which had this and it was really nice. I just grab and open the door and seat, mirror, steering column starts adjusting before I even sit in. Now I just have to sit in and press the memory button.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 is missing this feature. I used have Lexus GS which had this and it was really nice. I just grab and open the door and seat, mirror, steering column starts adjusting before I even sit in. Now I just have to sit in and press the memory button.

Does the seat memory button also remember the steering and mirror settings? If so, cool. If not, then it would have been nice to have a memory key for both the HSE and Lux.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, memory remembers the mirror and steering column settings. Atleast on my HSE lux plus package.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM