Leaking roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelle H.

Reaction score
Anyone else had problems with water coming in through the airbags every time it rains?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your sunroof drains are plugged / blocked.

Michelle H.

Reaction score
But they clog EVERY TIME the roof gets opened and leak it rains. It's been back to the shop half dozen times at least in less than a year. Is there a fix?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not had any problems with my LR4 leaking. I wash it at least once a week so I would sure notice if it was leaking.

Good luck getting it fixed. I would say it is something other than the drain hoses plugged at this point. Do you have a lot of debris from trees or other stuff fall on it that would plug up the drains?

besttruckfordogs

Reaction score
lr4 leaking roof

I have had a 2010 for 3 years and no problems with the leaking roof until this spring. Twice after a heavy rain water came through the led light between the front seats and a second time through the passenger side curtain airbag.

should i be concerned?

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After about 20 months of no issues, my 2011 LR4 started leaking through the airbag holes after a recent storm. Dealer was surprised to report that the drains were installed backwards, so that all the water was trying to drain to the passenger side (I think that's how they described it, but either way, something was backwards). They weren't sure why it hadn't leaked previously, and took care of it under warranty. Thankfully there was no water damage since it only happened one time, but maybe that is something to ask your dealer to look at if you are having that issue. Again, it was fine for almost 2 years - not sure how or why, but I'm glad the dealer was able to diagnose and fix the issue.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2010 LR4 leaked from the top right corner of the front windshield, but it was due to the drains being clogged. Dealers cleared them out and its been fine every since and ive done a few massive car washes.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2010 and i have had about 3 different leaks. The issues were the drain tubes from the roof and the tube from the air conditioner became unplugged and leaked into the passenger floor. Pain in the butt but the dealers fixed it...for now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink