Leather Dash Peeling/Pulling Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this exact same problem with my LR4 Landmark with just two years of use. My local dealership fixed it under warranty. They had to order a whole new leather panel from England. Took a while to get it fixed but they did it at their expense. That is so NOT supposed to happen!

TrungH

Reaction score
Are LR4 upper dashes leather? I always thought it was just vinyl made to look like leather, and have treated it as such. Oops.

The tumbled leather stuff is vinyl. The smooth stuff, like the steering wheel is leather. Unless you have the extended leather package, which puts leather on the dash and top of the doors

Kbutler1

Reaction score
UPDATE: Finally was able to talk to LR USA and they are contacting the dealership to get more info and what next steps will be. Advised they will contact me back in a day or 2.

chakadog

Reaction score
re the "extended leather package"

Is that the same as "Extended Premium Leather Seating Pack"? I'm thrown by the "seating pack" on the sales slip from my 2014.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
I've been back and forth between LR USA and my dealership. It's a slow process and I'm really not sure what the outcome will be yet. According to my dealership they did say that LR USA reached out to them to both get details and an estimate, Service Manager said that was a good sign but that was early last week. I need to call LR USA again this week to see where we are at. It's very annoying and the communication from LR USA is pretty bad in terms of them ever calling me back. I always need to call them to follow up.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Minor Update:
LR USA has confirmed that there has been several other issues of this type of peeling. The rep said they were working on resolution but said they may only cover 40-50% of the cost, not sure if the dealership will do anything or not. Haven't seen anything official yet though.

BTW: LR USA customer service, while nice, are not the easiest people to get a hold of or give call backs. I call 1-2 times a week to try to get updates and often won't hear back at all. I literally have to hound them to get any answers. A big turn off for me and something to consider if I am in the market for another vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM