LED Signature Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtreidjr

Reaction score
Seems like we have never gotten an answer on this forum on this question. That question being, is there a way to change the settings for the LED Signature lights (dealer called them the "Halo Lights") to run when the engine is on and ONLY those lights? I called my dealer in St. Louis and they said they've never been asked that question and are going to be calling me back by the end of the week.

My thing is, if the answer is no, what are options? I took the lights off and the plugs and found the harness for the Signature LED lighting. So wouldn't an option be to do something similar as what has been done with the HID conversions by running a wire through the plugs? Then we could just run the wires like the old way of hooking into the fuse box so they come on when the car is turned on. i know it's not as good as just simple programming, but if that can't be done, does anyone know of a different option?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like we have never gotten an answer on this forum on this question. That question being, is there a way to change the settings for the LED Signature lights (dealer called them the "Halo Lights") to run when the engine is on and ONLY those lights? I called my dealer in St. Louis and they said they've never been asked that question and are going to be calling me back by the end of the week.

My thing is, if the answer is no, what are options? I took the lights off and the plugs and found the harness for the Signature LED lighting. So wouldn't an option be to do something similar as what has been done with the HID conversions by running a wire through the plugs? Then we could just run the wires like the old way of hooking into the fuse box so they come on when the car is turned on. i know it's not as good as just simple programming, but if that can't be done, does anyone know of a different option?
This is a great question, and as far as I know, you can only do this manually. It would be awesome to have the LED lights run as daytime running lights (DRLs), but they can't seem to program that option. Some folks pay to have the DRLs turned on, but that includes the low beams. If you don't mind manually turning them on, you can do it each time you want them on by turning the light knob one click to the right from the off position. This will turn on ONLY your LED lights and the 2 side lights to give the effect of having DRLs. I will often do this myself.

If you find out something otherwise, please let us know!

Regards, David

dtreidjr

Reaction score
It may be worthwhile to examine the connection point for the official LR DRL Kit

Topix Install Instructions for LR DRL Kit

You are awesome. My personal mechanic will love that. I want to get custom LED's for that area for the DRL's an hook it in with the Signature LED's. Hopefully I follow through with this and do it all. Having a 4 1/2 year old along with a 2 week old baby might put these plans back a bit, lol. Hopefully not.

p-dawger

Reaction score
The issue is there is no wording to determine exactly how the kit works...for DRL's I don't want to turn on any knobs etc...you want the lights to come on when the car is put in gear with only the current LED's lit and nothing else...they should also dim when the turn signals are used per DOT.

Not sure how that OEM kit works but at $700 it should install itself and give me a ******* as well.

LR instructions are pictures....crazy brits.

Does anyone have the write up of how these are to actually function? Adding some cheese line of "afterthought" lights to the fascia is ghetto fabulous at best.

I am interestedin the wiring and the module to control it if there is one - I will simply tap the factory harness and use the OEM signature lights for the source. Not some stick on with gum bs.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how that OEM kit works but at $700 it should install itself and give me a ******* as well.

haha, I couldn't agree more. with installation at the dealer, it's kind of absurd to think that all $1,000 would get you is 8 LED lights.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My idea of upgrading the LED lights or installing DRLs is pretty much over. I just got used to turning the knob one click to the right and that will be my DRLs. Maybe someone will shed some light on this, but looking at the instructions made me nauseous.

paabator

Reaction score
This is a great question, and as far as I know, you can only do this manually. It would be awesome to have the LED car headlights run as daytime running lights (DRLs), but they can't seem to program that option. Some folks pay to have the DRLs turned on, but that includes the low beams. If you don't mind manually turning them on, you can do it each time you want them on by turning the light knob one click to the right from the off position. This will turn on ONLY your LED car headlights and the 2 side lights to give the effect of having DRLs. I will often do this myself.

If you find out something otherwise, please let us know!

Regards, David

I agree with you and I will go to buy my led headlights from online shop.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if someone gives me the dimensions of the grill area where the leds go, i'll experiment with ebay kits and report back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99