Leftover NEW 2012 LR4 LUX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one near me in the color I want with 10 miles.

I would rather order a new one because I would prefer to get the HD pkg and arabica seats (this car has almond seats), but I'm curious about what you guys think this car is worth.

MSRP is apparently just under 61k.

Considering MSRP on an ordered 2013 the way I want it is 60K and I would expect to get it for ~57K, I would not pay more than about 50k for this one (assuming the warranty has not started to run yet).

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think $50k is a bit of a hope and a dream type price. For that MSRP on a 2012, my guess is that it's a Lux. As a comparison, I've seen CPO LR4s that are sometimes sold close to $50k with more mileage. My guess is the title would still be sold as new and that the 10 miles are just from test drives. All that being said, if you get it for $50k, I'm calling you next time I go to buy a car.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that $50,000 is way too low, but you can always try. I am thinking that with a left over 2012, you can easily get up to $5,000 off MSRP? I'm thinking more mid-50s.

My suggestion is don't just settle - it's not worth it. If you really want the Arabica seats (I love them too, ordered them on my 2013 LR4 HSE Lux), then order a 2013. I am planning to keep my ordered 2013 for a while, so I wanted to get exactly the options I wanted (i.e., HD, Lux, Black Design). If you can get a 2013 for around $57,000 (based on your MSRP of $60,000), then that's a great deal. I'd do that over getting the left over 2012.

Keep us posted!

-David

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say a very fair price would be in the $54-55k range

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean, and no doubt the dealer would want 55k or more, but like I said, there is no prize for having a new 2012. You buy it tomorrow and in a year you have a 2 year old car. If it is outfitted exactly as you want, I suppose it is a good deal, but when it is missing stuff you want, why would you take only a 2k discount over an ordered, brand new 2013, that you can probably get for 57k? The only benefit the longer warranty versus older 2012's.

For the record, I got almost $10k off my '06 V70R that I bought in December '06 as a leftover. And that was a $46k car that was very hard to find. Granted there was trunk money from Volvo in there, but still.

The broader point is that LR4's hold their value way too well to be worth buying used. A dealer near me has a LUX with 12k miles '11 asking 47k. Drives and looks new. But assuming you can knock 2k off, that's only a 12k discount on a car with the wrong color (exterior and interiors) and no HD pkg. That's about the minimum deal I would expect on a 2-year old 60k car. If it were July I'd probably try to buy it, but it is much too soon.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean, and no doubt the dealer would want 55k or more, but like I said, there is no prize for having a new 2012. You buy it tomorrow and in a year you have a 2 year old car. If it is outfitted exactly as you want, I suppose it is a good deal, but when it is missing stuff you want, why would you take only a 2k discount over an ordered, brand new 2013, that you can probably get for 57k? The only benefit the longer warranty versus older 2012's.

For the record, I got almost $10k off my '06 V70R that I bought in December '06 as a leftover. And that was a $46k car that was very hard to find. Granted there was trunk money from Volvo in there, but still.

The broader point is that LR4's hold their value way too well to be worth buying used. A dealer near me has a LUX with 12k miles '11 asking 47k. Drives and looks new. But assuming you can knock 2k off, that's only a 12k discount on a car with the wrong color (exterior and interiors) and no HD pkg. That's about the minimum deal I would expect on a 2-year old 60k car. If it were July I'd probably try to buy it, but it is much too soon.
I completely see your point. A few thousand savings is not enough incentive to not get exactly what you want. There were a couple left over 2012s I could have considered, but I wanted a 2013 to be able to get the black design package.

Are you going to order a 2013? If so, I would be very curious to see what kind of deal you get - likely a better one as we approach a time (who knows when) the 2014 ordering begins. The MSRP for my build was about $61,500 and my minimum is about $58,000, but we are still in discussions.

Keep us posted.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely see your point. A few thousand savings is not enough incentive to not get exactly what you want. There were a couple left over 2012s I could have considered, but I wanted a 2013 to be able to get the black design package.

Are you going to order a 2013? If so, I would be very curious to see what kind of deal you get - likely a better one as we approach a time (who knows when) the 2014 ordering begins. The MSRP for my build was about $61,500 and my minimum is about $58,000, but we are still in discussions.

Keep us posted.

-David

I may order a '13 or maybe even a '14. At this point I think it should be fair to expect 5% off, or about $3k off.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm feeling better about what I just picked up - well I will tomorrow, on a '11 LUX w/ HD pk, Vision Pk & RSE + uhaul hitch with 2 sets of keys; all the bells. (one owner and LR serviced) Fuji White/Almond

Only 24k on the odometer and 26 months warranty left.

YIP YIP

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm feeling better about what I just picked up - well I will tomorrow, on a '11 LUX w/ HD pk, Vision Pk & RSE + uhaul hitch with 2 sets of keys; all the bells. (one owner and LR serviced) Fuji White/Almond

Only 24k on the odometer and 26 months warranty left.

YIP YIP

Hey congrats!!! Was this the one you took home for the night? Sounds like she treated you pretty good. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo