Locked out!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He used a little air bladder with a squeeze bulb to tweek the door open at the top Just enough to slide a rod in with a hook to pull the lock out...Took 30 secs and nothing is damaged/broken!!

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this because I have locked my keys in my car when I didn't have a spare FOB with me. (hey, with fobs that cost hundreds of dollars, it's not like we all have them taped underneath our frames).

Anyway, what do you mean by "remove any other door lock cap?" Remove what? There is only one key hole which is driver side. Do you mean to pull out the entire lock assembly? I can't think you mean that as whenever I see this done on a broken in car it is a pretty abusive event that bends the sheet metal.

Just wondering. In my case, I had left the sunroof cracked and was able to assemble a concoction with a fishing pole, plastic fork and metal knife that let me unlock the door. We first tried pushing the "unlock" button but after several attempts realized this button was disabled when the car was off.

well you see every other door doesnt have a lock assembly if you go to anyother door and remove the cap thers a hole you can use a hook tool to pull on the cable

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info on the what the AAA guy did and the holes under every cap (makes sense).

I'm always amazed by the little tricks the lock guys have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM