long trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

hey guys, can i go on a long trip (4 hours or so constant driving at about 65-70 mph) before finishing the breaking-in period (of about 600 miles). The drive is gonna be around high altitude freeways around mountains and stuff, so the engine will be working a little bit.

grommet, i know you mentioned that i should not worry about the break-in too much and just drive nice and easy for a bit, but what about driving nice and easy but for a constant long time like 4 or 5 hours (before the first 600 or so miles)

T

Tomasz

Vary your speeds. Setting cruise at 55 (to take it nice and easy) is the worst thing you cand. I would just leave it in D instead of Sport, and drive nromally.

Have fun, take some pictures.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All about not keeping on the same RPM... don't let the vehicle get bored. :) Vary it, but don't beat the hell out of it just yet... :D

A

Amir

so you are saying, in the process of varying, I could go above 70 or 85 mph (not by stepping on it hard, but increasing speed in a normal way). In another words, limiting to a certain speed is not an issue, its how you get there...correct?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it matters Amir. Just drive your car and enjoy it.
There are probably a hundred things that you could do for your car which may be ever so minutely better for it. It might get slightly better gas mileage with a very good coat of wax, but you couldn't notice or measure it.
Worrying about it too much will drive you crazy.
Think about your own body. There are millions of things that you could do that might extend your life by a couple minutes - like not eating the next pringle. But it probably won't matter too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Amir

I get it roverman. and sorry for keep asking. just wanna make sure that i dont end up doing anything wrong, thats it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't. But I would definitely want to change the oil after 500-1000 miles. I've always thought that was a good idea. Other than that, have fun! (until it leaks, won't start, won't lift, won't lower, etc...) just kidding. You have a good one - like me. :)

X

xcursion

I agree with roverman that relax and enjoy your new car. You long trip is actually better since there is less start ups for the engine. So enjoy the smooth ride.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72