Looking black OEM cross bar for '14 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 LR4 order contains the black package which means I 'll be getting the black extended roof racks. I like to keep cross bars on my SUVs year round.

Unfortunately the OEM LR4 cross bars have a lot of chrome.
http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=4638&category=207

I noticed that he OEM LR2 cross bars (LR002417) are fully black and I prefer their look.
http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=1724&category=207

The width is different between LR2 and LR4 so I'm doubtful these would fit.
Anyone tried this or found black cross bars for their 2014 LR4?

I prefer the sleeker fit of OEM cross bars as opposed to the aftermarket versions that extend beyond the outside of the roof rails. I'm also looking for 3rd party versions that fit but so far haven't found all black ones (except on eBay which I don't really want to buy unknown brands from).

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get used black lr3 crossbars on eBay. That's what I did. New lr2 don't fit, new lr4 only chromtastic.

Only other option is to buy new lr4 bars and paint over chrome.

attachment.php

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, glad to hear the LR3's fit!
I'll keep an eye out for them, thanks.
Are they lockable?

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

..mg..

Reaction score
If you're up for it, painting the LR4 chromers is a pretty simple process. Lightly sand them, apply a little surface prep/etch, and put a single coat of POR-15 on them. It's goes on textured with a brush but dries flat and smooth. I guarantee you the paint on the bars will outlast your LR4.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I really butchered this title :-D

The Thules cross bars are a nice fit but wow they're the same price as the Thule Alpine cargo box I have 0_0.

Someday I may end up getting something like a baja rack and I wonder if a 3rd party cross bar (like Thule) would fit those better than OEM cross bars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9