Looking for a 19" off road tire.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the most aggressive tread pattern I have seen in our 19" size. Great if you only drive on mud trails. Have to be ridiculously loud on paved roads. Probably useless on sand as you would just dig yourself straight down rather than move forward.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the most aggressive tread pattern I have seen in our 19" size. Great if you only drive on mud trails. Have to be ridiculously loud on paved roads. Probably useless on sand as you would just dig yourself straight down rather than move forward.

they actually are not bad. I’ve got a set. They are louder at slow speeds, but at highway they are actually not terrible. Not bad on sand when aired down. Great on the trail. Look really aggressive.

image.jpg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Scott, they do look great on your LR4. They sound like the opposite of the Cooper Zeons which were quiet at low speeds but loud on the highway, especially when worn down.

mikegraef

Reaction score
Scott - those tires look great on your rig!

I have been running the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/55/19 for the past 5 years. I am just about through my 2nd set. Duractracs do seem to get louder as they wear down, but it is very minor in my mind. I kind of feel that I should expect road noise in a 4x4, even one as refined as a Landy. The only issues I have with Duratracs is the high price and the XL Load rating. For the money they should have the Kevlar bands (I don't believe these do...) or a higher load rating with a couple more sidewall layers. That said, I have never sliced a tire and my wife and I have done some dry river bed runs that were nothing loose rocks and gravel.

I actually bought one of the Atturos for my full-size spare, and am considering them for my next refresh. I was able to buy a 19" OEM wheel (silver with a minor scratch on it) on ebay for $115. I priced the Atturo on ebay as well, then took the price to my local Discount Tire and they matched it, since the tire was coming from an online tire store that sells through ebay. I want to say the full size spare setup cost me under $275 mounted and ready to go.

I looked at the open country AT III as well, since they seem to generally get good reviews, but the tread pattern for our size tire is not as aggressive as either the Duratrac or the Atturo. Their larger tires look great, but when the guy showed me the 19" that fits our trucks it was more like a regular road/lt truck tire than I was looking for.

As mentioned above, we used to have almost NO choices in 19" tires, so having a really aggressive looking, lower-priced tire like the Atturo to consider is a refreshing change.

It just befuddles me that we have this great off-road machine but the wheel size they selected/ wheel well size limits our tire choices so severely. Major jeep envy in the tire and wheel department for sure!

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have been running the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/55/19 for the past 5 years. I am just about through my 2nd set. Duractracs do seem to get louder as they wear down, but it is very minor in my mind. I kind of feel that I should expect road noise in a 4x4, even one as refined as a Landy. The only issues I have with Duratracs is the high price and the XL Load rating. For the money they should have the Kevlar bands (I don't believe these do...) or a higher load rating with a couple more sidewall layers. That said, I have never sliced a tire and my wife and I have done some dry river bed runs that were nothing loose rocks and gravel.

I actually bought one of the Atturos for my full-size spare, and am considering them for my next refresh. I was able to buy a 19" OEM wheel (silver with a minor scratch on it) on ebay for $115. I priced the Atturo on ebay as well, then took the price to my local Discount Tire and they matched it, since the tire was coming from an online tire store that sells through ebay. I want to say the full size spare setup cost me under $275 mounted and ready to go.

I looked at the open country AT III as well, since they seem to generally get good reviews, but the tread pattern for our size tire is not as aggressive as either the Duratrac or the Atturo. Their larger tires look great, but when the guy showed me the 19" that fits our trucks it was more like a regular road/lt truck tire than I was looking for.

As mentioned above, we used to have almost NO choices in 19" tires, so having a really aggressive looking, lower-priced tire like the Atturo to consider is a refreshing change.

It just befuddles me that we have this great off-road machine but the wheel size they selected/ wheel well size limits our tire choices so severely. Major jeep envy in the tire and wheel department for sure!

thats brilliant on discount tire price matching! I bought from that same seller on eBay and they sold me tires from 2014!!!! You dodged a bullet I’ve had three of them fail in a few thousand miles. Atturo has replaced all of them as a result of failure. The new ones have held up great...I’m just waiting for the last one to throw a belt or separate due to its age.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have been running the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/55/19 for the past 5 years. I am just about through my 2nd set. Duractracs do seem to get louder as they wear down, but it is very minor in my mind. I kind of feel that I should expect road noise in a 4x4, even one as refined as a Landy. The only issues I have with Duratracs is the high price and the XL Load rating. For the money they should have the Kevlar bands (I don't believe these do...) or a higher load rating with a couple more sidewall layers. That said, I have never sliced a tire and my wife and I have done some dry river bed runs that were nothing loose rocks and gravel
They definitely need something in the sidewall department, they cut like paper! Don’t believe the hype that a higher rated tire gets you a tougher sidewall. I ran 275/65/18 Duratracs with an E load rating, I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone due to poor sidewalls.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA