Love my second HSE...but bluetooth is waring me down!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Well ladies and gents it appears that this feature can be *added* to the 2006-2008 models. Information sent to me below:
Also for those of you interested in checking phone compatibility, you can do so at http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Owners/About/Bluetooth.htm

I asked my deler to perform this upgrade and after quite a lot of persuation he agreed and performed the upgrade costing me $118 (for one hour of labour). However it dosen't seem to work. My 2006 LR3 paires very well with my phone (iPhone 3G) which it always did, however it never asks to download the phonebook etc. and is still showing the memory empty message.

Has anybody come across this and if so what is the solution.

Thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked my deler to perform this upgrade and after quite a lot of persuation he agreed and performed the upgrade costing me $118 (for one hour of labour). However it dosen't seem to work. My 2006 LR3 paires very well with my phone (iPhone 3G) which it always did, however it never asks to download the phonebook etc. and is still showing the memory empty message.

Has anybody come across this and if so what is the solution.

Thanks

That seem to happen a lot with earlier Nokia BT modules from MY05/06 especially, some of us with a Sport - same PTI system - attempting the software reflash several times through the dealer were unable to get the feature to work, obviously due to some bug or version conflict occurring during the software upload process. The solution is replacing the old BT module with a MY08 one, which has the feature already built in. Your dealer will likely give you a break on the price of the new box, considering you have already blown an hour or two of labor fees for nuthin'. But you'll have to be persistent... :smile:

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had the upgrade performed on my 06 D3. Works like a champ, using the iphone, it doesn't ask me to import any addresses, they just show up when I push the phone button on the center console. Ask them to check the software revision they flashed, there is actually a bad revision running around.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spatterso:
That app looks great. Do you get all those benefits WITHOUT applying the bluetooth upgrade to the car? Any recommended settings in the app I should use for the LR3?

spatterso

Reaction score
No upgrade necessary, although I have a 2008 HSE. I don't know if it ever needed an upgrade for that matter. I have since switched to an iphone, and it still works perfectly. No need to make adjustments for the LR# if you are using jetware mobile. should work just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak