LR Driving School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClearwaterScott

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion @MudFoot. I have been in contact with the school regarding the certificate. Did you attend the course(s)? If so, what's your opinion -- worth while?

For me to attend likely means a flight to the location and a commitment of a full weekend. I'm hoping to hear from folks who have already done the course and if they recommend.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to Ashville NC to attend my LR driving experience in April, I can't wait. Best of luck on your trip!

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done two of the full days at the Asheville location, had Aaron both times. Both very good instruction, especially as I was 'new' to off-roading in this type of truck. I did the winching/recovery class, was very good info. Ended up getting the LR4 really stuck later that day, so put it to good use.

He was a VERY patient instructor, especially with my wife. She had a really good time too as she really wanted to know how to drive properly.

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
I have done two of the full days at the Asheville location, had Aaron both times. Both very good instruction, especially as I was 'new' to off-roading in this type of truck. I did the winching/recovery class, was very good info. Ended up getting the LR4 really stuck later that day, so put it to good use.

He was a VERY patient instructor, especially with my wife. She had a really good time too as she really wanted to know how to drive properly.

Good to know. Wife and I are heading to Biltmore/Ashville this coming weekend to take advatage of the LR new owner class.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@atlantaM3 great to hear you had such a positive experience. I am curious - did you do the same course twice or different components?

Thanks!
We did two different full days focusing on different skills. I recall there are 3 full day options. If you are doing a full day and want to focus on some specific skill, talk to your instructor, I have found them to be accommodating. However, we went during times that are not generally busy. That said, I 'think' the non-full day programs follow a set schedule.

Some of the instructors are team drivers for the LR adventures, such as the NA Expedition. They have a lot of experience and knowledge. My experience is that they really like people to actively participate, ask questions, and listen. On the day we wanted to work on recovery, spent a few hours in the morning going over the why and how, and what is considered good practice. Then later that day put it to good use as we got the truck really stuck in a tough spot, took a few hours to get it out.

Unfortunately they apparently get a lot of people who just sit in the car and expect them to do everything, or think it is crash up derby day in the woods...

Keep in mind my context was being generally new to 4x4 driving, so it was very good for me.

ClearwaterScott

Reaction score
@ByGuile Im glad you had a good experience. Thanks for sharing. I am leaning towards taking the trip to the Asheville location, primarily bc of travel logistics. But the Montebello location looks like it would be fun and beautiful.

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
@Ryan00TJ hope its a great experience. Would love to hear about it when you're back.

Arrived back yesterday. The Biltmore estate is definitely worth visiting! Very good people at the LR experience. Our instructor was Matt. Very thorough and patient. Wife drove 90% which is what I wanted as it's her LR4. A good lesson for a beginner. Of course we drove their LR4 Lux model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV