LR Driving School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be fun, but the Biltmore will def be busy on a holiday weekend! thankfully you will be on the other side of the property...

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I'm registered. There are 2 more LR3 guys that will be attending so we should have a good show..

In preparation: I remember seeing a thread a while ago about some spray paint that you can spray on and then peel off? That sounds like a good idea- I spent HOURS polishing scratches out of my fenders, doors, and hood..

Mike

Rberkel

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm registered. There are 2 more LR3 guys that will be attending so we should have a good show..

In preparation: I remember seeing a thread a while ago about some spray paint that you can spray on and then peel off? That sounds like a good idea- I spent HOURS polishing scratches out of my fenders, doors, and hood..

Mike

They have magnetic protection covers for the car. Expensive but well worth it if u are afraid of scratching.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mike
Yes, you can take painters tape and tape off sections and apply about 10 layers of plastidip spray. It'll peel right off when done. I've seen that done on a G-Wag,that went off road, he made it look like it was part of the paint job....But...seems like a PITA....what's even better is getting magnetic sheets and placing them on the doors/hood. You can buy large sheets and cut out sections with the same result but you can reuse them.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it does sound like a PITA, but I might have to go with it on the fender flares (plastic, aka non-magnetic).. They seem to catch the brunt of the limbs, and I just had one replaced today due to my mother-in-law hitting the truck in the garage..

Painter's tape.... I might just put painter's tape on them for the event and peel it off when done!!

Hmm..

Mike

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan et al,

20% chance of rain, and 78 degrees. Might be some mud for us left over from the rain yesterday..

See you in the service bay tomorrow..

Mike

to8nbeyond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went up to NC this past weekend and spent two days wheeling and learning from Marshall Grant with Blue Ridge Expeditions. If you’re in the area I’d highly recommend him. I’ve been off-road before but always with someone else as a guide. This was more instructional including recovery techniques. Lots of other tips along the way.

DE727F9B-EF02-4444-A842-0B1A314EDA4F.jpeg

6DDF8C76-FBDD-4EBE-9753-FC2A602B0B03.jpeg

AFD9695D-E4D2-4D2F-80D6-7CDA7ED3A484.jpeg

52B43DDF-3B07-473C-BB21-46D44CD27CB0.jpeg

AE1B42ED-E321-42E4-A416-7FFFD85E9A3E.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV