LR3 BMS Reset for Battery AGM Charging

Have you had dead batteries or charging issues?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question on battery change do I need to run a BMS reset?
Also AGM batteries need 0.5Volt roughly higher Voltage for charging than say Gel, or Regular Lead Acid Batteries, can the LR3 charge AGM batteries reliably? Is it designed and are factory batteries AGM or are they regular batteries?

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a "reset" that I am aware of

I have run AGM for just over 2 years now, after 2 dead interstates (each died before year 2) all H8 size

From day 1 on the AGM, I chose to supplement with a battery charger 1-2x per month - Seems to be doing well so far

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug for confirming, yeah i think without regular external charging the battery every couple months i don't think the capacity on mine holds. I will keep doing the same i also installed an H8, the original stock size was H7 i believe.

I have run AGM for just over 2 years now, after 2 dead interstates (each died before year 2) all H8 size

From day 1 on the AGM, I chose to supplement with a battery charger 1-2x per month - Seems to be doing well so far

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update here I killed my H8 AGM because I learned later on AGM are essentially not compatible with LR3s unless you want to **** your batteries early use Regular Flooded Cell batteries 8)!

Thanks Doug for confirming, yeah i think without regular external charging the battery every couple months i don't think the capacity on mine holds. I will keep doing the same i also installed an H8, the original stock size was H7 i believe.

Last edited:

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is not compatible about AGM?
What battery did you run?
Can you claim any warranty?

Mine is still going fine. Duracell platinum from sam’s.

Actually has outlasted each of the 2 previous Interstate lead H8 - each died before year 2 with no supplemental battery charger use.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Duracel Platinum from Batteries Plus and on my second, seems like the first one lasted about 4 years and this one is probably on year 2 or 3. I'll check the dates when it stops raining.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run an AGM for a decade. It's fine.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3. I think both my LR3s have AGMs in fact. I am not certain on the 2nd one because the PO bought it but that's what I remember seeing.

anglotron

Reaction score
I’ve been running an Odyssey AGM for the past two years without any problem at all. Interstate batteries never seemed to last. I have a short commute and I think it’s important to use a charger every other weekend to keep things topped up. I use a CTEK MXS 5.0.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA