LR3 brush bar installation question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased this "Genuine Land Rover" Brush Bar for my 06 LR3 from a shop that shall remain unnamed. Upon arrival, it had no installation instructions. The shop assures me it does not come with instructions. Is this true or do you know where I may come across the installation instructions? Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They claim it was shipped with the guard, and delivery must have lost it...they said they are re-shipping the hardware but they didn't have instructions with it. I will let you know when I actually have it in my hands and attached to my vehicle! Yikes.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid, but is there any way possible to see where the threaded holes are behind the bumper before drilling? from underneath maybe? taking something off perhaps? I just got one of these and everyone that i've read about that has had one factory installed complains about the big ole holes that had to be drilled because the 70 mm or whatever they tell you to measure down hasn't been accurate.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm getting ready to install this thing (probably tomorrow) and would just like to ask one last time if anyone knows if there is a way to see (short of xray vision) or align the holes behind. The measuring and drilling method does not appear to be too accurate. If no replies then I guess i will drill where told and expand the hole as needed! Thank you.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope - no way w/ bumper on unfortunately

I did it on mine... just dont drill the holes TOO HIGH... if anything you want to shoot low. So maybe drill them 5-10 mm LOWER than it says... because its better to have the extra "hole" on the bottom side where you cant see it than the top side where you can see it. That's what I wish I'd done.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fantastic advice. I appreciate it. I guess you would think since it's a factory part they would have a better (cleaner) way to attach it. once it's on it isn't coming off.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably figure most people adding this to there Rover are going to do far worse than drilling a large hole in the bumper, but I'm really **** about my vehicle. I love to get it dirty and USE it, but I want it perfect when I'm just tooling around town. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo