LR3 Halogen to LR3 Xenon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the stock 05 LR3 halogens for LR3 xenons? Is this a plug and play install as in Pull std assembly Off and Replace with Xenon assembly. Wondering if they vary year to year. Is there a ballast or add'l wiring pins needed etc and what should I be looking for to as far as part #s and costs related to this swap. Kinda hoping its super simple.

:help: Tomas

Last edited:

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been talked about many times on the forums. It's a simple plug and play swap, the xenons have the ballasts and everything built in. You don't need to mess with the wiring. There's always a pair on ebay, probably in the $3-400 range. Mine's had them stock and they are awesome, would highly suggest upgrading.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has been some controversy as to weather or not the adaptive xenon assemblies will work. I have read on the uk board of guys swapping them in and working just the adaptive portion doesn't work. I have also read about guys swapping them in and they don't work.
The non adaptives part numbers are (These will work for sure)
XBC001132 - LEFT
XBC001122 - RIGHT

motz

Reaction score
where can i get it beside the dealer or ebay?

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been talked about many times on the forums. It's a simple plug and play swap, the xenons have the ballasts and everything built in. You don't need to mess with the wiring. There's always a pair on ebay, probably in the $3-400 range. Mine's had them stock and they are awesome, would highly suggest upgrading.
Thnx so much and I did remember seeing Swap threads but couldnt seem to find em last nite for some reason... hope to have the swap soon. Any suggestions how much I could sell my og halogen set?

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.xtralights.com/search.aspx?find=h7+hid+kit+pair

This is the kit for the bulbs. You want a quality kit and not a cheapo kit form ebay. I recomend the Xetronics, ive been using them in my last few vehicles and have had no qualms yet. If you can find a HID headlight assembly you will HAVE to purchase a ballast/igniter and bulb (DS2 size) and then they will just plug and play. You can buy parts or a kit form Xtralights.com or just buy the kit for H7 size, keep your stock headlamp assemblies and have some seriously bright lights!

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.xtralights.com/search.aspx?find=h7+hid+kit+pair

This is the kit for the bulbs. You want a quality kit and not a cheapo kit form ebay. I recomend the Xetronics, ive been using them in my last few vehicles and have had no qualms yet. If you can find a HID headlight assembly you will HAVE to purchase a ballast/igniter and bulb (DS2 size) and then they will just plug and play. You can buy parts or a kit form Xtralights.com or just buy the kit for H7 size, keep your stock headlamp assemblies and have some seriously bright lights!

The factory assemblies are complete unless you buy a stipped down set. The ballast is part of the housing. As far as kits go. My opinion is they don't belong on the market. The halogen reflector is not designed for the lighting pattern of a zenon bulb. You usually end up with a poor cut-off which blinds oncoming traffic. See the following website for an indepth explanation...http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Trynian

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the stock 05 LR3 halogens for LR3 xenons? Is this a plug and play install as in Pull std assembly Off and Replace with Xenon assembly. Wondering if they vary year to year. Is there a ballast or add'l wiring pins needed etc and what should I be looking for to as far as part #s and costs related to this swap. Kinda hoping its super simple.

:help: Tomas

Yes Tomas, I did it right after I got it. Easy plug and play change. Don't bother with the aftermarket kits. In the end you will be happier with the factory.

I usually see the halogens on ebay for around $150 but probably $100 each would be fair.

Did you see my new winch install?

http://scottsroving.shutterfly.com/

Last edited:

motz

Reaction score
I've been looking at Ebay but i just cant find a pair!

is there any other site that i can probably get from?

The adaptive headlight wont work but functional as a headlight?

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
motz

I've been looking at Ebay but i just cant find a pair!

is there any other site that i can probably get from?

The adaptive headlight wont work but functional as a headlight?

Did you try asking ur local shop or maybe read ur Extended waranty to see if thats covered?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112