LR3 Overheating Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Suddenly driving down the road I started to smell coolant then steam coming from the hood. Temp gauge rose. Immediately pulled over. Upper radiator hose had blown off. Obviously due to lots of pressure. Had tools on hand to remove the thermostat. So I did that to eliminate that possibility. Added coolant, headed back home. Just before pulling in the driveway temp gauge started rising. Parked it popped the hood, still lots of pressure on the hoses.

Next thought was to check to see if the heat was working. NOPE! None. Does anyone have a reason why the culprit wouldn't be a bad heater core?

TheKOI

Reaction score
Hi there, I have the same issue (twice) a couple of months ago. At the very end solved the problem replacing thermostat, upper hose and radiator, I also replace the coolant deposit since my coolant level sensor was bad.

Your heater core probably is fine it's just full of air due to bad bleeding, the suddenly rise of your temperature gauge second my statement.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72