LR3 Xenon Replacement bulbs - thoughts & opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colb45

Reaction score
Backstory, I recently installed a 50" curve LED light bar on my LR3 and Love the light output... Now when I drive with my low beams I feel/know they are due for a replacement.

I am looking at getting a replacement set of bulbs, and I have looked and searched high and low yet havent found a LR3 thread or question...(maybe I am terrible at searching)

Also I will not be replacing them with some ebay chepo crap.. I know that i will not achieve the daylight affect with my lowbeams but curious if anyone has played around with this. I did a couple retrofits 4-5years ago so I am a bit out of the lighting game.

So these are the bulbs I am debating at not sure what ones to go with (all bulbs are in the $160-175 range):

Looking at Xenon replacement only (35 watt)

1) OSRAM XENARC 66240 CBI

2) OSRAM XENARC 66240 Nightbreaker

3) Philips 85122XV C1 Extreme Night Vision

4) Philips 85122 WX Ultinon

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is OE? Are you not considering a simple OE replacement? I thought the original light output and color temp was pretty darn good. In fact, I still have my original bulbs. The truck is 10 years old but I tend to not use the headlights unless I have to (full on dark and no auto-headlight function).

colb45

Reaction score
What is OE? Are you not considering a simple OE replacement? I thought the original light output and color temp was pretty darn good. In fact, I still have my original bulbs. The truck is 10 years old but I tend to not use the headlights unless I have to (full on dark and no auto-headlight function).

Not sure if all years used Philips, my problem is my rig is Canadian spec so the low beams are always on for DRL.. Which just runs the bulbs down.

I just have owned various vehicles with Xenons and my LR have the poorest light out put (due to old bulbs). Im not a stickler for the colour just would like better output thats all

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. I think the OE bulbs are pretty good though. I don't know that the other brands you listed are going to last any longer than what was spec'd originally.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine over a year ago with Eiko D2S lamps, when the driver side went out. I spent about $100, been very happy with them.

colb45

Reaction score
Understood. I think the OE bulbs are pretty good though. I don't know that the other brands you listed are going to last any longer than what was spec'd originally.

Yea I figure ill get the same life out of them, not shooting for longer lasting. Just something a bit brighter (with in legal specs)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9