Lr4 detachable hitch receiver bent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello, somebody drove into my hitch receiver and now the steel rod where the green knob sits on is bent. Straightening it with a hamer doesn't seem to work. Anybody knows if this rod is sold separately somewhere? Tips for straightening it? Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• 16845132419934137439133068506998.jpg
    16845132419934137439133068506998.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 51

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
I have the same issue.
As far as I know this part is not sold separately.
If you find a vendor please let us know!

You can purchase other piece parts here (works the same as the receiver hitch):

Last edited:

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not seen any internal hitch parts on the market; I'm in need of the pin that slides back and forth but could never find one so I made do with what I have. Joining you in the chorus... The video by Powerful UK is super helpful; I used this when I pulled mine apart.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, somebody drove into my hitch receiver and now the steel rod where the green knob sits on is bent. Straightening it with a hamer doesn't seem to work. Anybody knows if this rod is sold separately somewhere? Tips for straightening it? Thanks, Tom
If it were me, it looks like there's nothing to lose by trying to straighten it. It doesn't seem to be a safety issue, since it looks like it isn't really bearing any substantial load. Either you or a machine shop might be able to heat it with an acetylene torch and straighten it, but it might require turning it in a lathe from there to get it to where it seated properly.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard back from the PowerfulUk guys, they don't sale the components... Agreed with greiswig; there's nothing to lose by giving it a shot!

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips and research. I'll see if I can find a shop that can give straightening a try. Someone told me that if it's hardened steel it might crack but as you say, nothing more to lose.

HarryO

Reaction score
Had a car rear end me and wack my tow ball - all looked OK until a couple of months later it snapped while towing my boat! Lucky I had the chains on and everything worked out ok.

I don’t recommend straightening anything to do with the tow bar- it’s not worth it.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA