LR4 Halogen Bulb Upgrading - Highly Recommended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as mine. The non-S2 bulbs are hard to find. Checked eBay and didn't see them ... Bulbs.com only has the S2 version.

When I went back and checked my eBay order it did note in the ad that they were S2 but the packaging received didn't have S2 in the part number. I'm sure they are the same exact bulbs just different part numbers for US and EU. Philips may have done this to prevent parallel importing.

Last edited:

Blathering1

Reaction score
I see in the manual that the rear fogs and the rear backup lights are listed as P21... although I am not seeing that bulb type on bulbs.com.

Has anyone upgraded these rear lights like the fronts?

Blathering1

Reaction score
Phillips X-Treme Power and Ultra Vision Bulbs H7 and H11

Picked some up from Amazon at roughly $16 each bulb (better than bulbs.com).

Need to search for name as the PN doesn't come up . In the Description the PN is listed as 12972XPS2

Note the 'does it fit your car' only lists the H7 options for the 2010 LR4, and not the H11 you need for lows and fogs.

Disco4Me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see in the manual that the rear fogs and the rear backup lights are listed as P21... although I am not seeing that bulb type on bulbs.com.

Has anyone upgraded these rear lights like the fronts?

I'm curious about that too. Plus, has anyone changed out the bulbs for the license plate to LED?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 Lights?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, but just reading about replacing the factory lights. Is this something on the 2010 LR4 model? Maybe I am just not observant, but the factory headlights and fog lights and fog lights seem to be very bright. I have a 2011 LR4, but not the Xenon package. Would I get better visibility if these were replaced? Plus, will it do anything in regards to voiding a warranty? Thanks!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, but just reading about replacing the factory lights. Is this something on the 2010 LR4 model? Maybe I am just not observant, but the factory headlights and fog lights and fog lights seem to be very bright. I have a 2011 LR4, but not the Xenon package. Would I get better visibility if these were replaced? Plus, will it do anything in regards to voiding a warranty? Thanks!

No, they won't void your warranty. The OE bulbs are okay, they are Philips BTW, and I might have found them on the dim side because my previous car had Xenons. So replacing the OE Philips bulbs with newer Philips DOT bulbs made a huge difference!

When I'm driving side by side with another Land Rover (or any other car) with HIDs, I cannot see a difference in my new light output or color at all. But please bear in mind that there are aftermarket HIDs that are much brighter than OE HIDs, so that comparison is mute.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they won't void your warranty. The OE bulbs are okay, they are Philips BTW, and I might have found them on the dim side because my previous car had Xenons. So replacing the OE Philips bulbs with newer Philips DOT bulbs made a huge difference!

When I'm driving side by side with another Land Rover (or any other car) with HIDs, I cannot see a difference in my new light output or color at all. But please bear in mind that there are aftermarket HIDs that are much brighter than OE HIDs, so that comparison is mute.
Thanks so much! I will have to look for the bulbs and attempt to replace the factory ones. I am a bit nervous doing it myself, so may find someone to do it. Thanks everyone!

neelic

Reaction score
I am not very good working on cars. I have never replaced a headlamp on any car. However, after reading this thread, bought the recommended lamps from Amazon. The manual says that the first thing to be done is to take the grill off by pushing the four tabs down and then pulling the grill off. Well, I have failed miserably at the first step. I have pushed the tabs down and top part of the grill came loose. However there is something to which the bottom part of the grill is attached. Can anyone please provide instructions what to do next to take the damn grill off? Thanks...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM