LR4 Halogen Bulb Upgrading - Highly Recommended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my lights came in a day early and being impatient, I installed them tonight and well the improvement is quite dramatic! Follow the tips in the thread to install and take your time. The only additional tip I can give is to get the screws back into the fog lights, you really should tape the screw to the torx driver otherwise it will be impossible to get the screw back in. Here are the side by side pix. The right side of the pix are the new lights. Sorry, but all I had was my iPhone ... enjoy!
Tim,

Thanks for posting the pics, that looks great!!! What a difference! You and I have the same color LR4. I did my low beams, high beams, and fogs already and tomorrow doing the side LEDs. I can't wait! I'll be sure to post pictures as well. Great job!

-David

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim,

Thanks for posting the pics, that looks great!!! What a difference! You and I have the same color LR4. I did my low beams, high beams, and fogs already and tomorrow doing the side LEDs. I can't wait! I'll be sure to post pictures as well. Great job!

-David

Thanks David! Yea, I was impressed on how good it looked side by side. I need to take it for a spin at night to really see the difference. But they have to be better than the stock bulbs!

A tip on the LED lights, there didn't seem to be an obvious polarization, but when I first installed, they did not come on. When I rotated them 180 deg and reinserted, they worked fine. This happened on both sides (of course). So, you should test BEFORE you put the mounting bracket back on. You have to remove the 4 bolts that hold one side on to put in the side lights. Enjoy!

Tim ....

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks David! Yea, I was impressed on how good it looked side by side. I need to take it for a spin at night to really see the difference. But they have to be better than the stock bulbs!

A tip on the LED lights, there didn't seem to be an obvious polarization, but when I first installed, they did not come on. When I rotated them 180 deg and reinserted, they worked fine. This happened on both sides (of course). So, you should test BEFORE you put the mounting bracket back on. You have to remove the 4 bolts that hold one side on to put in the side lights. Enjoy!

Tim ....

Nice job. You can really tell how white the lights are compared to the stock halogens. When I was looking at the pics I thought you had the factory hid low beams until I saw the other side. The LEDs complete the package!

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my order status on Amazon and it looks like my H11's and H7's will be delivered today. Do I dare start tooling on them tonight??

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. You can really tell how white the lights are compared to the stock halogens. When I was looking at the pics I thought you had the factory hid low beams until I saw the other side. The LEDs complete the package!
I just have a quick question before I install my LEDs tonight. Do they look OEM at night? I am assuming they are street legal, right? I am excited to put them in, but a little nervous they will be SO bright that I may get pulled over? Or they seem stock? I did not want my LR4 to look all after-market.... I am just being crazy now! :)

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say your LEDs are you referring to the bulb in the lower right corner of the headlamp assembly? I checked and mine don't come on... ever. I was asking if these needed to be activated by the dealer.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have a quick question before I install my LEDs tonight. Do they look OEM at night? I am assuming they are street legal, right? I am excited to put them in, but a little nervous they will be SO bright that I may get pulled over? Or they seem stock? I did not want my LR4 to look all after-market.... I am just being crazy now! :)

Hi David,
They are brighter than the stock bulbs and whiter. The bulbs in there now are Yellow. The LEDs are legal. They don't project light very far unlike a low or high beam. They will not bother oncoming traffic. These bulbs are designed to spread light 360 degrees.
George

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just made a trip to my dealer and they told me there isn't a bulb in there (side marker light) I believe it was Tim-in-CA that posted pics of his install and he clearly has the side markers on and is clearly in the US. Now I'm confused.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just made a trip to my dealer and they told me there isn't a bulb in there (side marker light) I believe it was Tim-in-CA that posted pics of his install and he clearly has the side markers on and is clearly in the US. Now I'm confused.
I am a little confused too... I had this picture, this is what it looks like when I have the lights on "automatic" and they go on when it's dark.... I have a 2011 model and I don't think these side lights come on UNLESS I turn the light dial to them??? This was before I changed out my low-beam with the Philips CV.

Hmmmmm.

Last edited:

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see that little gap between the low beam and the amber colored light? That is what I am talking about.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635