Lr4 misfire on all cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndrewAgh21

Reaction score
In the end I believe it was worth it because the vehicle only has about 108K miles on it.

I myself do not know how much the person bought the vehicle from auction for but the owner of the vehicle was ecstatic when he picked it up haha.

Probably made a nice penny flipping it.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time invest in one of these under $54 tools vs the battle you had costing way more not alone in labor as there will be more 5.0 engines failing as they collect more mileage and age.
That or the shop will never work on a LR again. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-Jaguar-Land-Rover-Camshaft-Alignment-Petrol-Timing-Tools-V8-5-0L/273349390149?_trkparms=aid=1110004&algo=SPLICE.COMP&ao=1&asc=202002

Reminds me of an extended warranty company called Western General in SoCal years ago that quit insuring DeLorean's, Ferrari's and at the top of their list money paid out in the largest dollar amount hit wasthe Land Rover claims. They lost their butts covering extended LR repairs more than they ever dreamed could of happened......~~=o&o>......

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time invest in one of these under $54 tools vs the battle you had costing way more not alone in labor as there will be more 5.0 engines failing as they collect more mileage and age.
That or the shop will never work on a LR again. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-Jaguar-Land-Rover-Camshaft-Alignment-Petrol-Timing-Tools-V8-5-0L/273349390149?_trkparms=aid=1110004&algo=SPLICE.COMP&ao=1&asc=202002

Wow. I didn't realize those kits had come down in price that much.

I remember them being 400ish.

I guess the Chinese must be cranking them out now.

Thanks for the link.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frustration alone not counting your labor then add the cost of replacing gaskets making this locking cams tool a drop in the bucket. Owning this kit should pay for itself plus a little profit if your into working on more of these 5.0 engines.

I got involved (suckered into) rescuing a "as is" nor running cheap 5.0 that needed both heads replaced. Lucky me located a cherry pair from Pick-n-Pull heads a little over $400 the pair from a totaled LR4 vs the normal crazy price they go for. Made a set of cam position position locking jigs taking way more time and labor that the above under $54 cost of these manufactured tools. Great if your into owning or repairing LR4's.
Got that 5.0 back up and running for a friend I couldn't leave stranded, he know knows to not call me again to bail him out on the 5.0 engine.

Check out Ford's new for 2020 V8 engine, 7.3 litre cast iron engine for a few trucks lines. Back to the bulletproof pushrod engine design, stock 430 Hp, 475 Tq. Tuners versionwith a chip on 87 octane something like 478 Hp (recall told during a test ride) producing 513 Tq on a NA engine. Wait until the 93 octane tuner's version is posted as well when the ProCharger version is out.My guess 55 Hp and 600 Tq, not bad for an old pushrod designed engine easy to work on.....~~=o&o>.......

Last edited:

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frustration alone not counting your labor then add the cost of replacing gaskets making this locking cams tool a drop in the bucket. Owning this kit should pay for itself plus a little profit if your into working on more of these 5.0 engines.

I got involved (suckered into) rescuing a "as is" nor running cheap 5.0 that needed both heads replaced. Lucky me located a cherry pair from Pick-n-Pull heads a little over $400 the pair from a totaled LR4 vs the normal crazy price they go for. Made a set of cam position position locking jigs taking way more time and labor that the above under $54 cost of these manufactured tools. Great if your into owning or repairing LR4's.
Got that 5.0 back up and running for a friend I couldn't leave stranded, he know knows to not call me again to bail him out on the 5.0 engine.

Check out Ford's new for 2020 V8 engine, 7.3 litre cast iron engine for a few trucks lines. Back to the bulletproof pushrod engine design, stock 430 Hp, 475 Tq. Tuners versionwith a chip on 87 octane something like 478 Hp (recall told during a test ride) producing 513 Tq on a NA engine. Wait until the 93 octane tuner's version is posted as well when the ProCharger version is out.My guess 55 Hp and 600 Tq, not bad for an old pushrod designed engine easy to work on.....~~=o&o>.......

I am not an early adopter for most things, but that Ford 7.3L has had my attention for a while. Good chance of it powering my next pickup depending upon how the real world reports stack up after a couple of years.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
avslash, congrats on having an open mind and vision vs most people set in their ways of only using highest tech that rolls along as the only way to go. That 7.3 being all iron for a reason, placed in hard working trucks that must be a durable powerplant. Hats off to Ford AGAIN with their engine technology.
The freaking sad part the high tech Germans in the future must produce 100% electric powered vehicles by 2030. I see the fall of Germany and the automotive business around the world with massive unemployment from all the vendors that supply parts building vehicles. Personally, hydrogen fuel cells will takeover leaving Tesla as a was built. Yeah right a Tesla big rig at 80,000 lbs pulling long distances not alone up and over mountain passes without long recharging times.
My company owner back in 1998 wanted to invest 10-$15,000,000 in fuel cells, he was told he was too small of an investor. Sorry end of rant......~~=o&o>.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA