LR4 Rear View camera issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshboi99

Reaction score
2010 LR4 6k miles
Recently noticed my rear view camera has reversed the image and the Proximity lines have disappeared. My local Land Rover Dealer indicated that the camera itself is the issue and there appears to be a supplier problem so no replacement is available. Anyone else having camera issues?

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 full size RR S/C rear camera does the exact same thing. When I first start it in the morning it's fine, but after a couple of restarts, it reverses. My dealer was able to get a camera, but it took awhile. I will probably have it put in next week. So far, my LR4 is o.k.

joshboi99

Reaction score
Thanks PALR4, that is good news on the camera availability. I will follow up with my Rover Dealer.
The only other issue I have is the back of the drivers seat "pops" when I accelerate.

So far I love the LR4, rides and drives similar to my last full size rover. Good job on the interior upgrades and the ipod integration.
I have not been impressed with the fuel economy/range with the new 5.0 engine. Generally get about 2 mpg less than I get in a 2008 LR3.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went for my camera today and they didn't actually have one for me. they said it was still on back order. No biggie... I only use the camera to see if a little kid or pet is behind me, not for actual backing up.

joshboi99

Reaction score
Backup camera replacement completed as of 1 May 2010. More than 5 months waiting for replacement part. Additional Landrover finally shipped Push bar 6 months after release of the 2010 LR4/Discovery 4. Project completed.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you finally got your camera. I have had my replacement camera in my RR S/C for a couple of months now and... so far, so good.

Do you have pics of the push bar? I thought I had seen a pic in the LR4 brochure and it was all above the bumper, none of it extended below the bumper. I didn't know if it was an artists rendition or another pedestrian friendly part. Apparently, Europe is really anti pushbar and pretty much mandated that they all be made of plastic.

As you can see from my signature, I got rid of my LR4. I really liked it, but I had to take it in 4 times because the Electronic parking brake shoes kept backing themselves out, essentially turning on the Ebrake by itself. After replacing shoes and burned up rotors several times and even having the Ebrake module replaced (which also took several months to get) I just couldn't trust it any more.

I hope you don't have any more troubles, they really are great trucks.

P.S. Do you need any towing stuff? I have all the factory hitch, tow bar and electrics to fit your truck. I also have the factory cargo tray, although I don't know how I would ship it. I would give you a great deal on the towing stuff... it'a about $800 worth from the dealer.

Let me know.

Last edited:

mikevn

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've found a solution for this. It's permanent repair and quite reasonable. The camera will work like new.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM