LR4 Satellite Radio Reception Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holygrail

Reaction score
I have a 2008 BMW with Sirius Sat Radio. It seems Sat Radio is always spotty, some worse than others. When I first got my bimmer, I noticed that under long bridges, or tunnels, my reception would go in and out. During the Summertime when all the leaves are grown, the leafs make the reception in my Bimmer go in and out as well. During the Winter when there are no leafs on the trees, I have no problem. How much worse can the LR4 be? I'm expecting delivery in December 2010 for my 2011 LR4. I hope the problem is better.

v/r,
Chris

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I activated the SAT radio on the LR4 last month when I bought the truck. It was kind a curious expirience as the dealer said I had no complimentary service for SIRIUS radio, Land Rover corperate( 1-800 number) said I had a 3 month complimentarty subscription and SIRIUS said I got 1 month free. By the way, SIRIUS billed my credit card the day I activated even though I was suppose to get a 1 month free trial.

Tunnels I can understand, even bridges, but my issues were with mountian areas where I could see blue sky above me. I understand that the satalite might not be overhead but closer to the horizon from my postition, but the service went in and out quite a bit. Trees also seemed to **** the signal in dense areas.

In the end, I called and canceled the subscription. I really couldn't find a station that I really could stand listening to for more than 2 songs. The SIRIUS advertisements drove me crazy; do they really have to do it after every song? But the deal breaker was for me that they charged my card from day one. That was not explained to me at all even though I asked about canceling the service before my trail ran up multiple times. In thier defense, they said they would credit it back on as soon as I called in. For me, the damage was done.

Rob

nolift911

Reaction score
Has there been a fix for the poor reception for Sat radio in the LR4?

Gregorio

Reaction score
Has there been a fix for the poor reception for Sat radio in the LR4?

I hope so. Mine drops signal about 1 second AFTER going under lamp posts, road signs, power lines, etc. Bridges and overpasses it drops instantly and won't come back for several seconds after I'm out. The XM radios in my GM products work even under many 2-4 lane overpasses without a drop. Two completely different technologies, I know but this is crazy.

geoellis

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2011 LR4. To the dealer I will go for a module change, at the very least.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope so. Mine drops signal about 1 second AFTER going under lamp posts, road signs, power lines, etc. Bridges and overpasses it drops instantly and won't come back for several seconds after I'm out. The XM radios in my GM products work even under many 2-4 lane overpasses without a drop. Two completely different technologies, I know but this is crazy.

I had the SAME EXACT issues. I got tired of it and canceled my satellite radio....fixed that problem!!!
My Lexus never ever lost reception once in 4 years....LR4 loses reception if a bird flies overhead!!!

davidirwin

Reaction score
I have the same issues, hoping the dealer will try to swap out the Sirius unit. I had a Audi Q7 and BMW X3 before this car and did not have these issues.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got this issue too. I called XM/Sirrus last week about my wife's subscription and customer service was absolutely horrible. They didnt realize I was calling about her TSX and told me they were having major issues with the radios that were installed in the LR4s.
He wouldnt elaborate however.

Marty

davidirwin

Reaction score
Thanks Marty? Anyone else having this issue? My dealer said "it was the first they heard of it" but wanted to confirm if that was the case. By contrast, my iPhone has at least 3-4 minutes of cache built into it so even when I go into a subway while listening to Sirius, I can continue to listen for 3-4 minutes. Big contrast to losing reception going under a small 2-lane underpass at 80mph and then losing reception for a second or so.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV