LR4 Side View Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover Enthusiasts,

I am not sure if this topic has been discussed in any detail. However, I wanted to post some information as I think it could be useful for those DIY’ers who enjoy working on their truck and want to save a buck.

I recently disassembled both my side-view mirrors to clean the light and camera contacts. Side note: I had knocked off the right-hand side view mirror once driving off-road when I hit another truck (whew…close!) and all I had to do was reassemble it (with some super glue too). Conclusion: the assemblies are reliable pieces of equipment and seem to be relatively robust.

A cursory search of the internet has shown you should be able to find LR4 side-view mirror replacement units (which require some bolting and such) as well as the replacement mirrors (which have a heating element and must be plugged into the assembly with the wires in the photo) on-line.

In the first picture, you can see the entire assembly with the mirror removed and camera contact disconnected. The small electric motor that moves the mirror is in the center. In the second picture, you can see the rear of the mirror (blue wires are for the heating elements), and in the third picture, you can see how to get a screw-driver into the space behind the mirror to click on the plastic tab (gently), which allows you to wiggle and slide the mirror out. You can see the plastic tabs fairly easily with good light (they are the tabs you can see in the rear of the mirror in photo 2).

The last picture is a close-up of the rather sensitive connection for the side-view cameras. The black female-pin connector goes into the blue male connector; this is basically the same set-up for all the cameras on the LR4. I unplugged everything in the assembly, which was very dirty, and cleaned it up with the hopes to clear a camera system fault (to no avail.) I did not unplug and unbolt the assembly from the door.

FYI: The wiring harness for the side-view mirror assembly runs down the side of the door and through the black plastic boot into the vehicle. The side-view mirror (with integrated camera and LED light) assembly bolts onto the door via the plastic you see (in-and-out) next to the window and has connections on the inside of the door at the bolting points underneath the black plastic trim (at least that is what the workshop manual says).

I hope this helps if folks need to replace their mirror or ever wondered if they could see inside their side mirror assemblies.

Happy Driving!
Land Rover Joe

Attachments

• Side View Mirror Pix 1 Post.jpg
    Side View Mirror Pix 1 Post.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Side View Mirror Pix 2 Post.jpg
    Side View Mirror Pix 2 Post.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Side View Mirror Pix 3 Post.JPG
    Side View Mirror Pix 3 Post.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 53