LR4 Trailer Harness Auxiliary Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quirozson

Reaction score
Had my RPOD- camper trailer hooked up to 2011 Lr4 and tried to close the slide out. All of a sudden all electrical in the RPOD stopped working. I didn't have the RPOD battery hooked up so it was getting all power from the LR4. Tested 7-pin on the LR4 and everything seems to be working except the Auxiliary Power Pin.

If I am checking correctly, I checked a few of the fuses labeled trailer and got a 13+ volt reading (I think it is the 30 amp one that runs the auxiliary pin?).

Does anyone know which fuse runs the auxiliary pin on the LR4 Harness?

If the fuse is getting power but the pin is not, could it be a short (when I press the button for the water level sensor it sometimes flickers on)?

The ground screw is nice and tight.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

If it is a short, how do I rewire (I think it would be easiest to go directly to the battery from the harness and install a fuse for that one connection)?

Any help much appreciated.

quirozson

Reaction score
Went back to the drawing board and learned that I needed to test both sides of the fuse. Turned out that it was the 15 amp fuse in space # 54. When I originally tested it with a multimeter I only tested one side and it was fine. I'll leave this up for anyone else that might learn from my trial and error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM