LR4 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help with the DIY piece but just wanted to add that my local dealer (San Diego area) wants $4000 to do both left and right gaskets (5.0 V8 in my 2011). Only one is leaking but they recommended doing both to save on labor.
Luckily my extended warranty covers the leaking one so it's going to cost me my $150 deductible only.
If I didn't have a warranty; I'd certainly be looking at a DIY job though.
How many miles on your 2011?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfdaytona

Reaction score
Just to resurrect this thread...I'm looking to make this a DIY effort soon as both of cam covers on my LR4 (115k mi) are leaking. For those who have done this, aside from the new injector seals and the slide hammer tool, did anyone have to buy the injector seal calibration/install tool as well? I'm just looking to make sure I get everything I need before starting the job.

57rsquared

Reaction score
About 6min in to this Timing chains and guides video he starts on valve covers:

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to resurrect this thread...I'm looking to make this a DIY effort soon as both of cam covers on my LR4 (115k mi) are leaking. For those who have done this, aside from the new injector seals and the slide hammer tool, did anyone have to buy the injector seal calibration/install tool as well? I'm just looking to make sure I get everything I need before starting the job.

Are you replacing the timing chains as well?

sfdaytona

Reaction score
I'm going to inspect everything and make a decision once I have everything apart. I may do the chains/tensioners/guides just to have piece of mind. I'm the 4th owner so I can't say if these have been done or not in the time prior to my ownership. I can say I've heard an LR4 that sounded like a sewing machine (I assume it needed the cam chain guides/tensioners/etc). Mine is super quiet outside of the DI noise.

serge1060

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same problem with oil leak from the passenger side of the valve cover. Anybody can share a link on how to replace the valve cover for the 2012 LR4? Thanks.

bblake12nd

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same problem with oil leak from the passenger side of the valve cover. Anybody can share a link on how to replace the valve cover for the 2012 LR4? Thanks.
The video above I believe shows the process

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I enjoyed that video. The one suggestion that I would make is to lube your injectors with something like die electric lube, its non-conductive. Sliding the the injector and fuel rail back in is smooth like butter and doesn't require any tools.

Hammering the injector back in can actually rip/tear the o-ring seals. I learned the hard way on a different car.

OldDog69

Reaction score
Hello, due to an oil leak on the passenger side I just completed replacing the L/R engine valve covers and gaskets, 8 fuel injectors, 8 spark plugs, 8 coils, 2 belts, thermostat, 4 air sensors, oil and filter change and coolant flush on my 2010 Disco 4 V-8 5.0, easy job to do. Except for removing the fuel injectors was a real pain, you can't do it without the special tool. On the other hand, my Disco 4 is running like new, 141 MPH on the Autobahn WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut