LR4 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbojangles

Reaction score
Anyone try ATP AT-205?

My indy mechanic told me he started to notice a little bit of seeping that will need to get addressed in the future when it gets worse.

Quoted me around ~$2500.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd personally let it get worse instead of using any type of stop leak on my car.

As long as you're not dripping oil into your alternator (Think this has killed a few alternators here) then you're probably okay to let it go a little longer.

What kind of oil are you running? Some high mileage oils have products in them that swell seals slightly, which may or may not help.

804rover

Reaction score
I know it’s been a little since this post was active but I’m doing the passenger side valve cover currently and I’ve run into an issue with reinstalling everything. I can’t for the life of me find where this plus goes. Any help is appreciated!

2011 Lr4 5.0 v8 HSE

Attachments

• IMG_1742.png
    IMG_1742.png
    477.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1743.png
    IMG_1743.png
    592.9 KB · Views: 22

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a question, do you have to pull the air conditioning lines that run next to the driver side valve cover to actually pull the valve cover off? I'm thinking about doing both (my passenger side valve cover has been leaking for a while) I would prefer to not have to get my freon extracted.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Just a question, do you have to pull the air conditioning lines that run next to the driver side valve cover to actually pull the valve cover off? I'm thinking about doing both (my passenger side valve cover has been leaking for a while) I would prefer to not have to get my freon extracted.
You don't need to remove the AC compressor or any of the lines to do the valve cover gaskets. Different story if it's the exhaust manifold gaskets.

If you're doing the valve cover gaskets, you're more than halfway through doing your timing guides and tensioners. If it's not already done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72