LR4 vs Defender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And at 43k miles, I thought I had the lowest mileage LR4 in the forum. As I've mentioned many times, we also have plans to keep this thing as far as I can see into the future.

Owning two 2013 LR4's we decided to keep hers as the garage queen and put 121K miles on mine so far.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LUX, locker, and V8! Include black interior and I'm in love...

:eating:

hyfi

Reaction score
Seems to be the norm - ours is also, a LUX with rear locker. 16/SCV6 though. Got her the grey canvas seat covers... she won't let it go anywhere

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be the norm - ours is also, a LUX with rear locker. 16/SCV6 though. Got her the grey canvas seat covers... she won't let it go anywhere

yep, her's will never see dirt/mud/grave, such a waste, but it's hers and makes her happy. I didn't even know it had the HD package until I got it home, as it really did not matter for her, but nice to have for re-sale.

hyfi

Reaction score
yep, her's will never see dirt/mud/grave, such a waste, but it's hers and makes her happy. I didn't even know it had the HD package until I got it home, as it really did not matter for her, but nice to have for re-sale.
Thankfully, mine is happy and is green-lighting overland/off-road mods...

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just saw the new Defender going down the road a few minutes ago for the first time in person. I was really disappointed. I first thought it was a Honda, then I got a closer look and saw that is was the Defender. Looked very small as well. Not sure what I was expecting for the first sight, I was just hoping to be a bit more impressed. It will prob just take some getting used to, as most new cars do. We are considering the "110" version due to wanting 4 doors down the road. By that time I am sure I'll have a more favorable opinion, but for now, the LR4 will do just fine.

:dito: I was driving along and suddenly I noticed a silver Defender at a stoplight across from me heading the opposite direction. Definately did not jump out as anything special, just another modern SUV on the road. I kept hearing how much better it is in person, but nope, it did nothing for me and my wife just busted out laughing, saying "no way", which meant, no we are not getting one....

So it did not have any magical better impression live, that does not mean it is not a great truck, just not up to my wife's standards :driver:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I had my local dealership do my fuel tank recall, I stopped into the new car area and sat in a new Defender. It was one of the limited 30th Edition models, which is essentially the white 110 with steel wheels and all the adventure cosplay accessories, taking the price up to a cool $76k.

I like them quite a bit more now, and if I was in the market for a new car, it'd be one of the top contenders.

I wouldn't want mine optioned out like the one I sat in (I'd actually much prefer it with all the options it has, minus the 30th edition stuff), but the sales guy told me that the people they've ordered new ones for are looking at around a year wait right now.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I had my local dealership do my fuel tank recall, I stopped into the new car area and sat in a new Defender. It was one of the limited 30th Edition models, which is essentially the white 110 with steel wheels and all the adventure cosplay accessories, taking the price up to a cool $76k.

I like them quite a bit more now, and if I was in the market for a new car, it'd be one of the top contenders.

I wouldn't want mine optioned out like the one I sat in (I'd actually much prefer it with all the options it has, minus the 30th edition stuff), but the sales guy told me that the people they've ordered new ones for are looking at around a year wait right now.

Would be a lot more interesting if you could at least get the 6 cyl with the 18" wheels.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi