LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on subject, some gifted Photochopper on the Disco3 UK forum has been having some fun. Shows how close to the original Vision concept the upcoming Disco may end up looking like:

2018Discoanim.gif

Also, this article from AutoExpress has a couple of allegedly undisguised images - emphasis on "allegedly", but based on the spy shots we've seen so far they may very well be pretty darn close to the finished product:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-r...covery-2016-latest-details-and-exclusive-pics
WOW! I think we know exactly what it will look like!

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's gonna look great!
Now I'm anxiously awaiting the appearance of the new Defender.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Discovery Sport is the replacement for the LR2, which is no longer in production (though you may see some left overs on the lot and as loaner cars - yuck). From what I heard, the Discovery (replacement for the LR4) will be the biggest, then you have the Discovery Sport, and then there are plans for a Discovery "insert something here" which is even smaller than the Discovery Sport. It will be comparable to the Range Rover Evoque in that line up. I have no idea about the details of that part of the Discovery family.

I wish we had more information on the Defender, but the only thing I know is that there will be a 2-door (probably called a 90), 4-door (probably a 110), and then something else likely a 4-door with truck or something (maybe a 130).

I don't really have much of an inside scoop, just know a lot of dealership people and a couple guys who were at a recent meeting in Solihull. It may be all lies, but seems to be coming true with what we are hearing about the upcoming Defender.

The 130 four door truck will most interest me.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they mentioned a more dedicated off-road package on the new Discovery, but honestly I think (and hope) they will offer such a thing when the Defender comes to the US in 2018. I am really putting a lot of hope in the Defender, as that is the only way I will get a new Land Rover.

There is mention of a special package for off road. They'll also do a performance on road package. They will have different wheels sizes other than 22s. Look guys, they are going for more mass appeal and they will achieve that... but for those who are worried they are gonna completely wussify it's off road chops, I think you'll be fretting for no good reason.
But wait! There's more! As Finlay states.
For those who truly want a rugged off roader then go look at a Defender. You'll probably be able to get one in various trims ranging from utilitarian to rugged luxury.

There's a lot of good stuff going on within LR. Be excited.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the latest I could find in the Defender. These renditions are a step in the right direction FAR better than the terrible little jelly bean concept.
But no one will know what the Defender will look like until LR wants us to know.
http://www.automobilemag.com/featur...-2019-land-rover-defender-an-icon-reinvented/
I am actually excited that Land Rover is making strides, even though we may not like all the new designs. I do think they need to evolve and change, but I just hope they stick with some classic stuff, which I think will still be in their DNA, especially in the Defender. The renditions of the Defender look interesting. I am not sure if I love it yet, but it looks like it may be a decent direction.

I will say while I don't love the new designs, I test drove the SCV8 Range Rover Sport and man that thing is a BEAST. WOW!

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually excited that Land Rover is making strides, even though we may not like all the new designs. I do think they need to evolve and change, but I just hope they stick with some classic stuff, which I think will still be in their DNA, especially in the Defender. The renditions of the Defender look interesting. I am not sure if I love it yet, but it looks like it may be a decent direction.

I will say while I don't love the new designs, I test drove the SCV8 Range Rover Sport and man that thing is a BEAST. WOW!

When I was out shopping, before I bought our Disco Sport, my sales person let me drive the SCV8 as well. And yes it ran like a stripped assed ape.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was out shopping, before I bought our Disco Sport, my sales person let me drive the SCV8 as well. And yes it ran like a stripped assed ape.
I am going to send you a PM. I may buy my mom a RRS or Disco Sport.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW...This RRS looks pretty damn tough.

5D9A180D-D29F-4A34-A734-AB6B269E01E7_zpsjqqh2no4.jpg

D1496CF3-11C1-4494-BC26-D2904F4C4A6D_zps7lvktsg2.jpg

62BF62A4-5070-4725-A691-068879ED7D5D_zpsirlg9eo3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72