LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought is that it will look very much like the RRS maybe a little beefier.
In the first link I posted you can notice extreme body roll when taking a turn.
These pictures show it being more planted (stable).
I am certain it will perform great on and off road.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, great digging Umberto (and AxelR)! They even wrapped the roof antena in that last one! There are definately some small variances among the 3 sets of mules so far. It will be interesting to see how the final version(s) come out.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pictures over at leftlanenews.com show 22' wheels
thats mental! and useless for off road purposes

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But those big rims (which look like the same exact design first shown on the Discovery Vision concept) will be a hit with Beverly Hills' soccer moms. That's the main target audience that Land Rover is after... Not the off-road crowd. Off-roaders don't have any money to be able to afford one of these, anyway. :biggrin:

We can only hope they will still throw us a bone (a HD pack, hopefully a less fluff, more substance Special Vehicles Team version.) And some of those test mules are running on smaller wheels, so let's see what they come up with.

DrSpeed

Reaction score
But those big rims (which look like the same exact design first shown on the Discovery Vision concept) will be a hit with Beverly Hills' soccer moms. That's the main target audience that Land Rover is after... Not the off-road crowd. Off-roaders don't have any money to be able to afford one of these, anyway. :biggrin:

We can only hope they will still throw us a bone (a HD pack, hopefully a less fluff, more substance Special Vehicles Team version.) And some of those test mules are running on smaller wheels, so let's see what they come up with.

No kidding. I hope LR has not lost their ways.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding. I hope LR has not lost their ways.
I think they mentioned a more dedicated off-road package on the new Discovery, but honestly I think (and hope) they will offer such a thing when the Defender comes to the US in 2018. I am really putting a lot of hope in the Defender, as that is the only way I will get a new Land Rover.

DrSpeed

Reaction score
I think they mentioned a more dedicated off-road package on the new Discovery, but honestly I think (and hope) they will offer such a thing when the Defender comes to the US in 2018. I am really putting a lot of hope in the Defender, as that is the only way I will get a new Land Rover.

I keep thinking that the RR ended up being more road/mall crawler oriented, and the Disco is a modern day Defender.

Any specs/spy shots of the new Defender?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112