LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not?? http://http://donmcgilltoyota.com/vehicle-details/houston-texas/2015-toyota-land-cruiser-base-77079-jtmhy7aj7f4032327

Agree to disagree.

That's odd. None under $81k within 100 miles of Houston.

I was just stating the facts and specs, IMO they are superior. You only mention duration of off-roading because that is the only advantage the LC has over the LR, dependability/reliability. Besides, I had already noted that. If I had to choose one vehicle to solely off road in for a year as you say (which is outrageously unrealistic) I would choose the LC. But that does not mean it is a better off roader and it is definitely not a better all-rounder.

Once again, I compare stock to stock. No mods.

The LR does not need the IIDtool to be superior.

Now this...I agree with. It is unfortunate.

Hmm, I'll finish with this:

-LR4 does need an IIDtool to get you home all too often. Kind of like in mountaineering, if you don't make it back, the summit doesn't count...

-I KNEW you'd bite on the off road "duration" idea ;) To be fair, I DO love the air suspension "ride" and I also love it's versatility. A big bit of enjoyment for me in the Land Rovers in general, even starting with my 96 and then the whole reason I bought the 04 D2 to keep forever, has always been their versatile functional design. However, there are trade offs and some times a solid axle with steel springs can be better.

-pricing: come ON. Is your world so limited to the 100 mile radius for a $70k vehicle...? $84k means the dealer added several BS items at port.

Anyway, 90% of the other ones in the country are generally $82-$83k.

But, look what I found right in Houston for you who can't be bothered to go more than 100 miles away;) $71k !! http://www.autonation.com/houston/t...015/toyota/land-cruiser/all/JTMHY7AJ9F4034919

Just think, if YOU were in the market, you might have spent $12,000 more than necessary had we not met ;)

Guess what, 11 under $75k ONLY 200 mile radius.... You're completely busted. Give it up on the pricing ;) I don't just blab stuff without knowing the facts.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys done now?

Yes we are.

It was fun lol. I agree to disagree with Jwest. I stand by everything I have stated, and my numbers and facts are accurate. Somebody just likes to manipulate and twist them.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes we are.

It was fun lol. I agree to disagree with Jwest. I stand by everything I have stated, and my numbers and facts are accurate. Somebody just likes to manipulate and twist them.

In regard to pricing: Uh, maybe you just don't like to be wrong or something. I even showed you the proof. Just accept it. No harm in learning something new.

In regard to LC vs LR off road: it's subjective of course with too many variables to really prove either way. Each will have pros and cons in different environments.

Last edited:

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the current box styled LR4 will be discontinued in favor of the newly designed Discovery, does that mean that the prices of the used (pre-owned) box styled LR4's will crash?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably, but not until about another year from now if in fact the "new" thing will be a MY2017

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the current box styled LR4 will be discontinued in favor of the newly designed Discovery, does that mean that the prices of the used (pre-owned) box styled LR4's will crash?

There is always that chance that LR will screw-up the next model and ours will hold their value. Rear cargo space and rear headroom will probably be less without the big square back. I'm sure that off-road ability (low gear and rear locking diff) will be special order items like now. Maybe it will look just like all the other generic jellybean-shaped crossovers out there.

If you read the Audi Q7 forum, there has been a surge in Q7 sales the last few months. Once the new model was revealed, many people wanted the old model instead. (That old Q7 design is now 8 years old) The new Q7 is smaller, has less ground clearance, less rear cargo space and less towing capacity. And the general consensus is that it's ugly with that goofy front grill and big wheel arches. So maybe the old Q7 will hold its value.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Values Crash? LOL. Maybe. Maybe not.
But on thing is certain..they will lose some amount of value. But not much more than they already lose. What do you expect? A new model has to eventual come out. This happens and vehicles ARE a depreciating asset anyway. Im not sure why so many people have a problem understanding this? LOL
I still feel the current version LR4 will have some desirability after its replacement comes out. But that will only be in the retail market. I wouldnt suggest trying to trade it in unless youre desperate. If your patient, youre going to get your best return by selling it yourself. There will be the faithfull wanting this vehicle for years to come and you should retain some semblance of "value" due to that. But dont expect much.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a '13 even though I was originally considering an 11 or 12 mainly because it was the last year that had the big V8 and figured it'd hold it's value more. But yeah, it's still going to depreciate a lot. Maybe just a little less lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112