Maintaining Off Road Height at Higher Speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoverland

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm loving a 2015 LR4 I purchased recently and have been having fun off roading in it. One issue I've had is the automatic lowering of ride height above a certain speed (I believe it's 40mph from memory, but it may be even lower). There are a lot of dusty dirt roads out in the Southwest where you can do a good speed but still benefit from the higher ride height, so I'd like to keep it at that if I choose to, without needing to make it permanent with the likes of Johnson rods which I'm sure would make things rockier on the freeway.

Am I right in thinking IIDTool can do this? And would that be the simplest/easiest solution?

There are a few other annoyances like the Eco start feature always being on by default when you start the engine and some unnecessary beeps that would be great to configure, so it would be pretty great if it could help with these too.

Thanks!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest and simplest of all would be the Llams height control module from Australia, it increases or decreases height +30, +50 or -20mm at the flick of a switch, on-the-fly at any speed. IIDTool will do that as well with just a bit more work (stop, plug it in, select one of the memorized height settings, unplug, go.) Lots of info on Llams and IIDTool on this and the LR3 forums. Both solutions would be much preferable to mechanical rods if you want to drive at stock height most of the times - which you really should.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM