Major ISSUES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

samsly

Hello all, I know this is my first posting, but I need to let some AIR out.

My 96 RR has been BACK and forth to the DEALERSHOP, LOCAL SHOPS and its still not running properly. First, the lights in the shiftgear has been blinking for the longest time now, was told by a member of another forum I needed to change the Transfer Box ECU, did that, still the same issue, took it to the dealership where they told me its was the actual Transfer box that needed to be repaired and there went 800 bux, they also changed the shiftgear assembly, STILL the SAME issue. Feels like I have been pooped on!

I try to ignore this as much as I can now, but I was told I need to do a tune up. Took it to the local shop and got it done, the car has been working BADLY ever since, it doesnt get much power to move, you can hear as if something keeps popping underneath the car, not enough electricity I guess, dont know much about cars. I checked the firing pattern for the range and all seems to be in order, took it back to the shop, I was told its one of the COILS thats bad, got that chnaged, there went $500 (including oil change, fuel filter changed, new spark plugs and wiring... In ONE month I've already spent 3000 in the car and its still NOT WORKING... DEALER claims I ought to junk the car!! :-( I am starting to think they are right! If anyone can tell me what they think in this situation I would be extremely happy!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, we know it is a 96 RR, but is it the 4.6 or 4.0, how many miles are on it? Have you had the CATS checked, they could be clogged causing issues.

S

samsly

Cats?????

96 RR 4.0 with 186K on it. Whats CATS?? I'm sure the dealership should have checked that when I brought it in for a FULL inspection...

S

samsly

Cats?

DO you mean Catalytic Converter??? For this model, would it be the Y pipe?

S

samsly

Thx Joey.. I will print out the PDF files and bring them to the shop with me and have my mechs look into that!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM