Major Mileage Issue - Under 12mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
lacarruk1, and the mystery question... Did they EVER try doing the transport mode fix on your old vehicle? If not, they were idiots...!
I think they checked if it was out of Transport Mode initially, but never tried the full West Chester LandRover solution.

They changed Oxygen Sensor and rear diff which apparently was locked up since I bought the vehicle.

This was all. But - As I said, I am very happy with this new resolution.

L

lacarruk1

lacarruk1 said:
I think they checked if it was out of Transport Mode initially, but never tried the full West Chester LandRover solution.

They changed Oxygen Sensor and rear diff which apparently was locked up since I bought the vehicle.

This was all. But - As I said, I am very happy with this new resolution.

Well - First tank of gas and I am averaging 10.5 mpg. I will try another tank (maybe it is the break-in). I will be shocked it this brand new 2006 LR3 HSE has the same mileage issue as my 2005 did. I have to go in for a few minor service items next week or the week after. If mileage is not improved, I will ask the dealer to try to the Transport mode solution (just popping it back in and taking it out), if no dice, then I will ask them to do the full-blown Transport solution which I understand has something to do with resetting gear synchronization ratios.....

X

xcursion

I am jealous of you for the great service you are getting from your dealer, but they need better technical skills to fully take the car out of transportation mode. 10mpg is not norm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72