Major Mileage Issue - Under 12mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

aah78

Econ

driving with the Econ button On will reduce your consumption slightly as it kicks down the AC compressor which doesn't need to be On during winter (except when its too humid outside, and your windows keep fogging, i.e.).
also, use the CommandShift manual shifting will help increase mileage.
screeching starts and stops will only waste fuel.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lacarruk1 said:
Most of my driving is hwy. I'd say 20% city, 80% hwy.
Unless your city driving is totally ********, you have an issue. Just curious... what does your LR3 "computer" MPG say after resetting and driving on the highway for 50 or so miles?

M

mauleskyrocket

No one can get 15 mpg if it is a "city" city and not a hamlet. Stop and go---stop and go---it ruins mileage. This was the smart marketing gimmick of the hybrids. Shut it off when it stops. End the mileage bleed.

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
Unless your city driving is totally ********, you have an issue. Just curious... what does your LR3 "computer" MPG say after resetting and driving on the highway for 50 or so miles?
It says between 10 and 10.5 mpg.....

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is very, very bad. If I do that (recommended 91 octane, a fairly flat non-stop highway drive, no excessive speeding, correct tire pressure, etc.)... I'll easily see 17 MPG on the LR3 computer even with some mild cargo.

Since you say you average 12 MPG overall... Why is your vehicle reporting 10 MPG in a scenario where you'd probably get the very best mileage? :-|

You really need to see if they can try the "transportation mode" fix. I can't understand why they haven't tried it...

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
That is very, very bad. If I do that (recommended 91 octane, a fairly flat non-stop highway drive, no excessive speeding, correct tire pressure, etc.)... I'll easily see 17 MPG on the LR3 computer even with some mild cargo.

Since you say you average 12 MPG overall... Why is your vehicle reporting 10 MPG in a scenario where you'd probably get the very best mileage? :-|

You really need to see if they can try the "transportation mode" fix. I can't understand why they haven't tried it...
Now I am always averaging 10mpg. No longer 12 overall. But -- I must say, my dealership (whom I believe I am not allowed to mention on this forum) has agreed to take care of the situation completely.

X

xcursion

If they can't take care of this, then it's time to switch your dealer. 10mgp is not acceptable.

D

daytomann

lacarruk1 said:
Now I am always averaging 10mpg. No longer 12 overall. But -- I must say, my dealership (whom I believe I am not allowed to mention on this forum) has agreed to take care of the situation completely.

Thats good...what are they going to do?

T

tamurag

i just took my LR3 into the dealer and had them check the ECU (after reading the other threads on this site) and make sure it wasn't in transportation mode (as stated in a previous thread). I printed the thread and gave it to the service manager and it was the first time they had heard of the issue. They reported that it was not in transportation mode but went further and put it in transportation mode, then took it out just to make sure.

Before the service, I was seeing about 10.8 on the average and on longer trips, saw a maximum of about 14.0. Since the service, I am seeing about 14.7-15.0 in town and about 17.5 on the freeway. Being in Hawaii and with lots of stop/go traffic, the increase of about 5mpg is significant.

I agree that this vehicle isn't meant to get 30 mpg, but any increase in mileage helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72