Mechanic Needed for Inspection in NJ - ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pakhtoon

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to buy a 2005 LR3 HSE with 60,000 Miles tomorrow.

However, before I do that I would like to have a mechanic take a look at it and inspect it. Can someone suggest a mechanic in the central New Jersey area who can help with the inspection. I am willing to pay upto $150 for the mechanic's time and service and pick and drop. However, this has to be for tomorrow i.e. May 5th i.e. Tuesday.

Also, I have a general question.

The dealer is asking for $17500. The car is generally clean however he is not providing any service records. It has 60,000 miles and the CARFAX report says that there was an accident in the rear. The rear bumper shows slight damagae i.e. scratches in the middle. However, the extent of the damage is not known. He insists thats all there is to it.

Any suggestion of if this is worthwhile.

Here is the link to the vehicle.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ional&paId=308698174&recnum=1&leadExists=true

Thanks

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get it without knowing for sure what the accident was about and what the service history was. I had a hell of a time getting the service records of the used one I bought. I never did get the records, but I talked to the service guy long enough to get him to tell me that he would buy the car if it was him. They claim that they are protecting the privacy of the previous owner...BS.

phx5o

Reaction score
You can call your local lr dealer and give them the vin number and they might be able to pull up the service record. Make sure all the up dates were done and recalls. The 05 had some recalls. Check the air suspension, test it. Make sure it work good. Mine went out. Needed new air compressor.

rainandsun

Reaction score
maybe you can find an auto mechanic from atuomd. since they got a list of all New Jersey auto repair[/url]. maybe this will help you in finding a mechanic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4