Medano Pass, Co June 19-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to propose a Medano Pass trip on the weekend of June 19-20 or maybe during the early part of that following week for the Colorado Folks. I havent been to the Great Sand Dunes National Park so it is someplace I want to see. I am going to bring my tent and probably camp a couple of nights in the park. Anyone who wants to come is welcome to join me, or go your own way after the trail.

Although I havent done it Medano is reported to be a fairly easy trail, and can be done in a stock vehicle. There are some water crossings that can be deep in the spring, but not deeper than our fording depth.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=53

If anyone is interested it might be a good one to do in conjunction with Hayden Pass: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=111

or Hermis Pass: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=113

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a member from the Solihull Society webpage that may be joining. Would like to get a few people together.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! My other hobbies are getting in the way of my hobbies! :biggrin: I will be at High Plains Raceway all weekend with the S4 . You guys have a good time! And remember to drive thru the water SLOWLY! I drowned an old Jeep in the creek / river crossing's on Modeno pass! That was a great time! :mad:We had to wait for 4 hours for the engine to dry out enough to get her started!

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is actually a big fire there and the road is closed... So no trail.

I sold my C32 I miss my sports cars right about now.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you make it to any of the trails? I think my dad is doing Hayden this weekend and Medano if it's open.

Anyway, my son is over 6 weeks old, so we may be interested in a trail ride sometime. Something fairly mild tho.

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Medano is still closed as of the 10th. The fire is basically out but they need to clear the trail and dead trees etc...

I deploy to Afghanistan so soon I dont think I will make any more major trips. Maybe a cruise up something local in the springs this weekend like Mt. Baldy.

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, did Mt Antero this past Sat with the CSC4 club. It was a blast. Can't not doing anything this Sat but I would be open to something close to the Springs like Mt Baldy Sunday afternoon. The photo was taken at 13,733ft.

Last edited:

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mt. Baldy is pretty easy and right off of Gold Camp Rd. A little rougher than gold camp but nothing that will beat anybody or their truck up. I think maybe we should do it.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife it out of town this weekend, and the LR3 with her, so I won't be able to do anything this weekend. Red Noland is having one of their trail runs on the 31st. I emailed the service manager to find out where and will advise when I hear.

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, I would be down to drive Mt. Baldy on Sunday afternoon... Well JD, bring the Bronco if u want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV