Metal Clunking + Ticking Noises 2015 LR4 3.0SCV6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salanizi

Reaction score
Hello

As you can hear from the attached video, i have two distinct noises coming from my cars engine, one is a fast ticking noise (which was eliminated by my Indy pulling a cable - cable was reconnected - however cant remember which one)

Another noise that is more concerning is a deep metal 'clunking' noise also emanating from the engine, which my indy says comes from the supercharger - this is still there even though the coupler has been replaced and the SC oil is full.

Both noises my indy says are normal and most if not all LR4 3.0 SC engines make them.

Any ideas? Should I be concerned? Any definite fixes?

Last edited:

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not sound normal to me. If you want to check the supercharger, just slip the belt off and rotate that pulley by hand. It should spin smoothly and with zero play. If you can turn it and feel free rotation before you feel it engage the rotor blades, then that could be the source of the noise. If you can get the belt free so it doesn’t tangle up with the other belts, you can also start it without the supercharger and see if the noise is gone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA